where should Disney build it next theme park?

AdamEfimoff

DIS Veteran
silly and over the top suggestions also accepted !

and it can be greedy suggestions as in in your backyard!

Sequoia National Park. That's where Walt's Mineral King Ski Resort would have been, although back then it was Forest Service land.

How about Africa? Maybe something based on the Lion King. Of course many would consider that trivializing the continent.

My choice would be Brisbane. They can build a main street USA. With Adventureland containing expedition everest, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, tiki room,aladdin trackless ride attraction, Maharajah Jungle Trek a better and more unique Kali River Rapids. Also food options by David Thompson of nahm fame. The can build tommorowland with space mountain tron coaster, space rangers, test track, mission space , a dining facility with projections of planets and you order via tablet. And kids can play games on the tablet which effects the planets that are in screens on the floor and on the walls. Fronteriland with an expanded Tom Sawyer Island and Fort Wilderness style interactive playground. Big thunder , trackless haunted mansion . river boats and canoes. Dark ride based on Pocahontas. And a special spectacular night time show based on Walt Disney History with lighting ,fireworks, and river boats and parade in one. Fantasyland with Its a small world with a tablet attrached to the boat where you can change the languages. And lighting , a trackless alice in wonderland ride, trackless frozen dark ride costing 130 million , trackless mr toads wild ride with interactive elements. Peter Pan ride, snow white ride, beauty and the beast trackless ride, be our guest castle, and meet and great. And Cinderella castle with a meat and greet. Frozen restaurant inside the castle, with snow effects and specials show within the dining establishment. And a 50 room deluxe hotel where you can control the lighting, light therapy, tablet that can when you arrive automatically adjust lighting with modern vegan dining, sushi bar , tea salon, 26000 feet spa with indoor pool and an outdoor lazy river, two kid friendly pools, 2 adult pools,and two gyms, health bar, and complementary private car transfers to the parks and airports. And wake up calls are a personalised character meet and greet and have a spa with whirlpools experience showers etc

Actually I think Brisbane is the most logical solution for expansion.
It is far enough away from existing parks, it has great year round weather.
It has a major airport that links it easily across Australia, NZ, all the islands, Phillipines, even SA.

Me too.

I would say more specifically the Gold Coast rather than Brisbane so it is close to the other theme parks. They could potentially buy out Dreamworld (which has been doing terribly and even looks like a Disney park). I’ve never been (we were SeaWorld AP holders when we lived up there and I haven’t been back since), but I imagine they could just ‘Disneyfie’ a lot of the existing infrastructure. However I don’t think Adam’s idea of a Kali River Rapids style ride would fly at all now in Australia, especially on the Dreamworld site.

I don’t think there will be any expansions in the near future though unfortunately. Shanghai has sucked a lot of money out of the company, plus they seem to be focusing a lot more on updating their existing parks.

They could buy Everland (South Korea) which is a current flourishing amusement park and turn it into a Disney park. Now I doubt the Koreans would Sell Everland to Disney, but it is a fun thought. Caribbean Bay is their water park next door.

I would be happy with Disney building another non-themepark resort (such as Aulani, HHI or VB). I'd say someplace up in the mountains. Skiing for winter and hiking for summer.

Florida. A stable government and acceptable year round climate rules out the vast majority of the globe.

I would be happy with Disney building another non-themepark resort (such as Aulani, HHI or VB). I'd say someplace up in the mountains. Skiing for winter and hiking for summer.

That was the plan for Mineral King. They were thinking even more visitation during the summer for hiking, camping, etc than for skiing. Brought us Country Bear Jamboree, which was supposed to be a dinner show.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/09/09/mineral-king-walt-disneys-last-lost-project/

Walt_Disney_and_Mineral_King2.png

I would say more specifically the Gold Coast rather than Brisbane so it is close to the other theme parks. They could potentially buy out Dreamworld (which has been doing terribly and even looks like a Disney park). I’ve never been (we were SeaWorld AP holders when we lived up there and I haven’t been back since), but I imagine they could just ‘Disneyfie’ a lot of the existing infrastructure. However I don’t think Adam’s idea of a Kali River Rapids style ride would fly at all now in Australia, especially on the Dreamworld site.

I don’t think there will be any expansions in the near future though unfortunately. Shanghai has sucked a lot of money out of the company, plus they seem to be focusing a lot more on updating their existing parks.

I don’t know- we love GC and the bonus would be plenty of existing hotel for demand.
However the downside of GC is the extra transit time from a major airport (Coollengata isn’t near large enough)
While the other theme parks are great-locals may struggle (Those from Brisbane too) with going from $99 for a yer pass to at least that a day, now I understand the value difference instead of being open 10-5 and no fireworks, the number and quality of the rides, but it would be a hurdle.
As far as a Kali style ride, I don’t think it would be a problem, in a climate like that people want a wet ride to cool off, and while the accident was horrific, Disney has a reputation people trust-at least from a safety aspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!