where should Disney build it next theme park?

I'd like to see all 4 Disney World parks expanded. I'd like to see rides from every single movie (lady & the Tramp, Fox & Hound, etc.)

I would say more specifically the Gold Coast rather than Brisbane so it is close to the other theme parks. They could potentially buy out Dreamworld (which has been doing terribly and even looks like a Disney park). I’ve never been (we were SeaWorld AP holders when we lived up there and I haven’t been back since), but I imagine they could just ‘Disneyfie’ a lot of the existing infrastructure. However I don’t think Adam’s idea of a Kali River Rapids style ride would fly at all now in Australia, especially on the Dreamworld site.

I don’t think there will be any expansions in the near future though unfortunately. Shanghai has sucked a lot of money out of the company, plus they seem to be focusing a lot more on updating their existing parks.
What happened in dreamworld was horrible.

Actually I think Brisbane is the most logical solution for expansion.
It is far enough away from existing parks, it has great year round weather.
It has a major airport that links it easily across Australia, NZ, all the islands, Phillipines, even SA.

Me too.
wow never thought of that. We do not have a big population. But what we do have is a well educated and paid one for the most part. Or am I just delusional

wow never thought of that. We do not have a big population. But what we do have is a well educated and paid one for the most part. Or am I just delusional

It is not a huge population in Brisbane. Sydney could be another option.
Either way it’s not just the locals-it is all those who would now have easier access from several countries.

La has a population of 19million.
Orlando a little o we 2 million.
Sydney has 5 million and Brisbane a little over 2 million.

It is not a huge population in Brisbane. Sydney could be another option.
Either way it’s not just the locals-it is all those who would now have easier access from several countries.

La has a population of 19million.
Orlando a little o we 2 million.
Sydney has 5 million and Brisbane a little over 2 million.

Orlando has around 2 million now, but I'm sure a ton of that is because of WDW, and the community built around it. Did a quick Google search and it indicates that in 1960, the population was around 400,000. In 1970, it was 522,000. From there, it simply exploded after WDW opened, especially in the 80's on as the park really expanded and an entire industry was built around it.

If they were ever to think of doing another park the size of WDW, I'd bet they'd want a small to mid-size city again, with lots of land.

I wouldn't mind a Midwest version, with a dome over it, of course, so it is always 75 and sunny. Plop it outside of the Twin Cities about 40 miles, and you have all the land you need.

Seriously?

Southern Spain.

I gather there's a Universal park down there and this, coupled with a lovely climate and cheap land, would make it ideal.

In fact, I don't know why they plumped for Paris rather than Spain. Must be a bit of Governmental wheeling and dealing!

I kind of agree with Texas or maybe Oklahoma. They could probably get cheap land, the weather would let them stay open most of the year, and it would put way more people within grieving distance. That or Branson where they could leverage the hospitality industry that’s already there and it still has mild-ish winters and reasonable summers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter