Where staying for Minnie Marathon?

TiffJ

DIS Veteran
O.k. now time to start the planning. Can you believe it's only 4 months away? I can't train yet, but I can plan. (here's that OCD WDW planner comming out in me)

So where is everyone staying for this weekend? I will be coming down hopefully with my best friend and without family. Woo Hoo girls weekend here we come. Since I am the "Disney Nazi" as she so lovingly calls me, the planning is on me(just the way I like it) I figured we might need to go ahead & get a room somewhere. I am thinking one of the Port Orleans resorts. Good access to DTD is key!

So who else is coming, where you staying, who ya bringin? Time to get pshyched about our next adventure. I can't wait to have a shirt that says "Women run the World" :goodvibes

At 0430 Sunday morning when the alarm was just going off rather than the 0300 Saturday morning, I became a huge fan of being close enough to walk to the start. That being said, I asked at the expo and the start of the 15K will be in the Animal Kingdom parking lot. So we currently have ressies on AAA rates for a preferred at ASSp but will try to get a CM rate or AP rate for AKL. Or as one 60s act put it "It's my birthday, I'll party...."

DH and the girls will be coming along. DD13 wants to do the 15K with me, though I'm sure she'll finish WAY ahead of me. My MIL may be coming along to do the 1 mile, but not sure.

We're staying at BCV since that's going to be along the course (kinda like the full) and we can use the fabulous pool there.

I think I may like the course for Minnie even better than the half. Looks like we start in AK, then go through MGM and end in EPCOT ::MinnieMo .

Correct Mel--aside from missing the "connector" between MK and AK--the Minnie is supposed to be the 2nd "half" (though only 9 miles) of the full marathon.

So it may take you 5 months--but you will have just about done a full when it concludes :).

Mel -- Rhonda and I are also trying to figure out where to stay (we are both going solo, together, if that makes sense!) and since we are both DVC, may also stay at BCV. I am not sure that either of us will have unexpired APs by that point, so we may have to "settle" for using DVC points instead of AP rates. :charac2:

I got an e-mail--PM me for the web address--from what the "Official travel planner of the WDW Minnie Marathon".

I posted prices on the other thread..but they are offering specials for the AKL, AsSports, and POR.

$194, $84, and $104 respectively. I am not sure if this is inclusive of taxes.

If I ask my hubby to spend more money just yet, he may just take my Donald. Can't have that! ;)

Hey, Lisa, I know the 15K starts in the AK parking lot. Do you know whether it is feasible to walk to the start from AKL?

No I don't know. I didn't think the Poly parking lot reached the full course and I have egg on my face b/c it sure as heck does!

If the start is anything like the marathon--we would stage in the parking lot, but not leave from there--so "maybe" is about all I can offer. I don't really know.

TiffJ said:
O.k. now time to start the planning. Can you believe it's only 4 months away? I can't train yet, but I can plan. (here's that OCD WDW planner comming out in me)

So where is everyone staying for this weekend? I will be coming down hopefully with my best friend and without family. Woo Hoo girls weekend here we come. Since I am the "Disney Nazi" as she so lovingly calls me, the planning is on me(just the way I like it) I figured we might need to go ahead & get a room somewhere. I am thinking one of the Port Orleans resorts. Good access to DTD is key!

So who else is coming, where you staying, who ya bringin? Time to get pshyched about our next adventure. I can't wait to have a shirt that says "Women run the World" :goodvibes

Me, Me, Me, I'm running the 15k. I'm staying at the Coronado Springs and I'm bringing my significant other with me. And I may have to borrow your idea and have a shirt made that says "Kim runs the World" :)

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Correct Mel--aside from missing the "connector" between MK and AK--the Minnie is supposed to be the 2nd "half" (though only 9 miles) of the full marathon.

So it may take you 5 months--but you will have just about done a full when it concludes :).

So if it were possible to sign up for the mile and the 5K, I'd have my full ;)

I got an email for AP rates yesterday. Looks like they're only out to April 8, so it may be a month or so before the discounts are published for the Minnie.

Cam...is your AP still good now? If you went ahead and booked on that best rate program, would it matter if your AP expired by race time? I haven't tried the best rate thing, but they promise you'll automatically get the new AP rate when it comes out.

chimera said:
I haven't tried the best rate thing, but they promise you'll automatically get the new AP rate when it comes out.

From what I understand the BRP is now history. It is back to the old way of waiting for AP codes to be released.

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Hey Kimickey--how's your cute little boy doing!

We missed you this year!

Lisa

Lisa he and my daughter are doing well, both are getting so big:

I missed you guys too :) Yes unfortunately I tried to sign up too late plus with me going through my divorce the timing would have been bad as well. But I have several races lined up: The Minnie, The Disneyland half and then the 2007 WDW Half. So I'm fired up and ready to run. Below are pics of my kids. Boy how time sure does fly.

f399dd45.jpg

f1841e3a.jpg

Lisa thank you for the compliment about my children. They are growing like weeds and developing into little adults :) The divorce is for the better and both of us have pressed on with our lives. We are much happier now.

chimera said:
Cam...is your AP still good now? If you went ahead and booked on that best rate program, would it matter if your AP expired by race time? I haven't tried the best rate thing, but they promise you'll automatically get the new AP rate when it comes out.

Hi, Mel! My AP will expire on 3/27 (3 days before DD17 marches down Main Street, of course! :rolleyes: ) and I know you can use it when you make ressies but have to show it at check-in. Not sure yet whether I will renew. Rhonda and I are considering staying on points, or a mix of points & cash, so we are still up in the air on where to stay. I think I am in denial, though, since I am having a hard time believing the Minnie is now LESS than 4 months away! :scared1:

16 weeks and counting!!! I am trying to get those around me to commit to whether they are coming or not. I may be by myself :sad: But I am coming no matter what.

I did find out there is a medal. In this month's issue of "Her Sports" there is an add for the Minnie Marathon & it says all finishers will get a Minnie medalion!
Yea!!! :cool1:

Kimickey said:
Lisa thank you for the compliment about my children. They are growing like weeds and developing into little adults :) The divorce is for the better and both of us have pressed on with our lives. We are much happier now.

KIMICKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so nice to see you back on the boards! Miss you thi year at the half.perahps next year!

I am so sorry to hear about you you are going through but gald to see you planning events! your kids are beautiful! perhps we'll meet again soon.
good luck!

renee :flower3:

does one need to register for this event like the 1/2 and full?

I would love to go but cant be certain and it would be a last minute thing for me.

wiskband said:
KIMICKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so nice to see you back on the boards! Miss you thi year at the half.perahps next year!

I am so sorry to hear about you you are going through but gald to see you planning events! your kids are beautiful! perhps we'll meet again soon.
good luck!

Hi Renee!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so good to hear from you. Boy oh boy do I regret not signing up in time for this years marathon, I felt like I was missing a piece of me last weekend. I felt as if I should be out running. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will be out for the 2007 half. I see you completed this years race and I'm so proud of you! Keep up the excellent work and I will see you either at the Minnie (I'm already signed up) or in 2007 wearing my lime green loud and proud :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter