Where there any Restaurants that surprised you in a good way? Secret gems??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I would have to say Homecoming was a surprise. We went there when it first opened and gave it a try. We were blown away. The food was very good and the portions were generous. Boma was also a surprise. I ate soo much butternut squash soup I almost made myself sick. And the desserts were incredible. Plus it was great to try a different cuisine but have the safety net of familiar items also on the buffet.

I think Tangierine Cafe in EPCOT is a hidden gem. I've loved everything I've had there and yet it seems the place never has much of a crowd. It's just quick service but the meals are large and I've always been able to find a place to sit and eat.

I agree with Dean Marino--Il Mulino was awesome! We were staying at the Boardwalk and my Dh and I just did a walk in (it was the last day of November, maybe around 9 pm?)
The food was excellent! The service was very welcoming, and we thought it was a great value. We paid about the same prices that we do when we go out to our local Italian restaurants.

Il mulino is very good. And not expensive compared to other signatures. We don’t miss it anymore. Always go. Only place Disney ever got Italian right I feel.

Sebastian's Bistro was probably my biggest surprise last trip. Loved everything about it.

Il Mulino was even better than the hype.
Restaurant Marrakesh, was hoping the food was good, and was much better than just good, beautiful inside, and fun entertainment.
BlueZoo would be right up there as well.

I'm totally on the Il Mulino train. We were also very surprised by Tokyo Dining. You don't hear much about them and we were very impressed by the sushi and tempura.

Ventured away from the "normal" meat and potatoes and enjoyed the lamb dishes at Sanaa Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. View from our window table was as good as the food.

Wow Il Mulino is getting a lot of love. Going to have to put it in the rotation. My DH went to Sanaa and he really enjoyed it.

Turf Club at SSR. Really nice steaks, and excellent service. I think because it’s kind of out-of-the-way. Not very many people go out there. But we’ve had several excellent experiences.

Two places come to mind. We stayed at AKL last trip so we tried Boma which has made the girls every trip list but after all any place that serves all you can eat Zebra Domes for desert is a good place and strangely enough a counter service place The Satu'li Canteen. We are not huge fans of WDW's CS places but this place is really excellent.

We were also very surprised by Tokyo Dining. You don't hear much about them and we were very impressed by the sushi and tempura.
Agreed! The biggest surprise for us was how it was how close the prices were to a similar sushi place back home. The only reason Tokyo Dining was slightly more expensive than our normal sushi place was because we tend to go on deal/discount nights back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!