• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to download Digital Camera?

hmerritt

Mouseketeer
I know it doesn't matter how much Smart Media I take with me, that it will never be enough so was hoping there were some tips on what to do? I don't have a laptop, is there any place to do this in the park? Or any of the resorts? Maybe concierge?

Heather

I only know what I have read in posts,but I think you need your own device to download to. Unless there is a photo shop that can put them on a CD?

tink2dw is correct in that there are no places to download your digital pictures at WDW. You will need to bring yor own laptop to to this on. I bring several 128MB Smartmedia cards and just change the card when it becoms full.

Originally posted by hmerritt
I know it doesn't matter how much Smart Media I take with me, that it will never be enough so was hoping there were some tips on what to do? I don't have a laptop, is there any place to do this in the park? Or any of the resorts? Maybe concierge?

Heather

Since you don't have a laptop, your choices are limited since going to a photostore that -might- burn images to a cd-r would be 1) time consuming and 2) relatively expensive.

My advice since buying more media doesn't seem to appeal to you is have enough disk for 1-2 days shooting, and edit the junk photos at the end of each day. This may be tough without a larger screen to view the images, but you can at the very least eliminate the photos which are just bad framing.

An option if you are willing to spend money would be to look into the IBM Microdrives. I don't know much about them, but they do hold up to 1Gig.

Good luck in your quest.
Joe

More memory is the best bet to maximize the park time and minimize the running to the store time. I hear walmart does transfer but the price is prohibitive.

My 2 cents is shop for more smartmedia cards.

I believe it is Dazzle that makes a device that has a built in 6-1 card reader, with a combo Hard Drive. The cost ranges from about 250-400 depending on the retailer and the HD space, but it is about the size of a CD jewel case, and weighs a couple lbs. It would be easy enough to put it in the safe of your hotel, and DL all the pictures at night. It can also minimize the amount of stuff that you end up bringing to the park. Check CompUSA, Best Buy, Circut City, or any high end computer electronics retailer. Camera stores too.

When I was at Epcot in May, a CM told me I could try downloading my memory card at the Kodak store inside the Journey to Your Imagination building.

Unfortunately, I had Secure Digital (SD) so the tech. told me she didn't have a reader for it. I suspect that they will be able to read Compact Flash and Smart Media since those two have been around longer than SD. Maybe someone else will know what kind of memory they take.

I did ask about the prices ... It was $11.99 to download the first 40 images to a CD and $5.99 for each CD after that. Not the greatest deal ... but I would have loved to use it. Maybe next year they'll have an SD card reader :D

I was worried about the same thing so I am bringing lots of different cameras!

I have a new APS (different flash options great for nighttime shots (Olympus - only $90 on OVERSTOCKS.COM) 3X zoom lense too!

I bought a couple of underwater disposables (Fuji work best) for water parks and when we go to Discovery COve.

I also bought a few regular disposables too. Either the kids can use them or for when I don't want to worry about lugging a camera bag - but don't want to waste 'a moment'! I am sure they won't go to waste and at 9.99 for a two-pack you can't beat em!

I figure that if I really need a photo on the computer I can always scan it!

I you can't tell I am a picture fanatic and I am very worried that i may run out of memory or film!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter