Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Has anyone ever tried to get takeout from CityWalk restaurants (Toothsome, Vivo, etc.)? I love them, and would love to have dinner from there, but am a bit hesitant about eating inside.

I have not tried to get takeout, but I totally understand the hesitation. I had not eaten AT a restaurant since March until this weekend.. we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and Toothsome, and I was pleasantly surprised with both of them. They both put up glass dividers between booths and moved out a LOT of tables. Wait staff were masked and gloved. Hard Rock gave us explicit directions - as long as you are seated, mask can be off, but if you get up, please put it on. They also gave us ziploc bags for our masks. Toothsome did not, and apparently did not require masks to go to the restroom, as we saw several people get up without them. Toothsome also had outdoor seating, but as it was approximately 5,487.65 degrees, we declined.

I have not tried to get takeout, but I totally understand the hesitation. I had not eaten AT a restaurant since March until this weekend.. we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and Toothsome, and I was pleasantly surprised with both of them. They both put up glass dividers between booths and moved out a LOT of tables. Wait staff were masked and gloved. Hard Rock gave us explicit directions - as long as you are seated, mask can be off, but if you get up, please put it on. They also gave us ziploc bags for our masks. Toothsome did not, and apparently did not require masks to go to the restroom, as we saw several people get up without them. Toothsome also had outdoor seating, but as it was approximately 5,487.65 degrees, we declined.

Thanks for sharing these details, I really appreciate it!

The heat is why I'm hoping some restaurants will do takeout - I'm happy to eat in my room at the end of the day, post-park close. I'd just rather be eating food from great restaurants instead of the typical to-go fare

Has anyone ever tried to get takeout from CityWalk restaurants (Toothsome, Vivo, etc.)? I love them, and would love to have dinner from there, but am a bit hesitant about eating inside.

I haven't, but my general philosophy when doing take out at any establishment that is traditionally sit down is that I order it and immediately try to get there as soon as possible, no matter what the "ready time" is reported. As I would rather wait and make sure my food is (or at least more likely) hot and fresh, then soggy and/or cold.

Most of the time when I show up the food is already ready. In the few times I waited, hey I waited, but food is fresh so not going to complain. The only thing I always recommend to people are things that are fried you should open slightly to let the steam out as you drive back. If not, anything fried will get soggy.

Just a personal preference of mine that I'd rather have crispy fries, or crispy chicken that's slightly warm (or could be warmer depending on how long the drive is, or how long to wait to eat), then food that only might be slightly warmer, but really soggy.

Hi all,

I was looking to see if anybody had a website or thread with Universal Receipes from around property. I know that Universal posts some on their blog but looking for more than that. I've searched hi and low on these boards and this thread but i didn't see anything specific to what i was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't, but my general philosophy when doing take out at any establishment that is traditionally sit down is that I order it and immediately try to get there as soon as possible, no matter what the "ready time" is reported. As I would rather wait and make sure my food is (or at least more likely) hot and fresh, then soggy and/or cold.

Most of the time when I show up the food is already ready. In the few times I waited, hey I waited, but food is fresh so not going to complain. The only thing I always recommend to people are things that are fried you should open slightly to let the steam out as you drive back. If not, anything fried will get soggy.

Just a personal preference of mine that I'd rather have crispy fries, or crispy chicken that's slightly warm (or could be warmer depending on how long the drive is, or how long to wait to eat), then food that only might be slightly warmer, but really soggy.

Solid advice all around - thank you!

Hi all,

I was looking to see if anybody had a website or thread with Universal Receipes from around property. I know that Universal posts some on their blog but looking for more than that. I've searched hi and low on these boards and this thread but i didn't see anything specific to what i was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
If we could start one, I would make it a sticky
Those with sensitivity to certain foods, usually have to call or send an email to UO to know in advance to find out.

If we could start one, I would make it a sticky
Those with sensitivity to certain foods, usually have to call or send an email to UO to know in advance to find out.
I've been looking around and haven't had much luck, but I'll keep trying. Really only have what they officially released. Thanks!

Is there a place I can find a list of all open at this time Universal property restaurants? I am wondering if Mythos specifically is open.

How can you tell if it's closed? Everything at Hard Rock says check for availability. Did everything, including Emack & Boleo's, close at Hard Rock? Most places were open in July, except Velvet Lounge.
Again, it will say on the restaurant page on the official site if it is closed. It will specifically say it is closed.

Again, it will say on the restaurant page on the official site if it is closed. It will specifically say it is closed.

None of the restaurants that are closed are actually saying closed. For instance, Bice at Portofino, here is what it says. This is what it says for all of the Hard Rock Hotel restaurants/food too. I think it used to say closed but no longer does that.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/bice
Hours Of Operation
Hours of operation are subject to change. Please inquire applicable outlet hours upon arrival to the hotel.

None of the restaurants that are closed are actually saying closed. For instance, Bice at Portofino, here is what it says. This is what it says for all of the Hard Rock Hotel restaurants/food too. I think it used to say closed but no longer does that.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/bice
Hours Of Operation
Hours of operation are subject to change. Please inquire applicable outlet hours upon arrival to the hotel.
Seems like they've changed their website procedures then. They were specifically saying Bread Box was closed directly on the Bread Box page back when it was closed. That's unfortunate.

Seems like they've changed their website procedures then. They were specifically saying Bread Box was closed directly on the Bread Box page back when it was closed. That's unfortunate.

That's what I saw in July too. I also noticed that the character breakfast at RPR specifically said closed :confused3

Is there a place I can find a list of all open at this time Universal property restaurants? I am wondering if Mythos specifically is open.
It would be nice if there were a list somewhere of what is open and what is closed, rather than having to click on each individual restaurant's webpage (and even then the information might not be correct).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter