Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Anyone have an updated menu for Mythos? We figure we can find something we like and if not we can always get desserts, but just curious.

Boyfriend and I are going to US/IOA for 4 days/5nights in December and are trying to plan the ultimate restaurant guide. We're going to get season passes starting at that time so we will have plenty of time to try all of them but we tend to be simple eaters. Figure Margaritaville for Drinks, Mythos or Confissos for dinner on day in park or arrival day (Can't decided which), Three broom Sticks for lunch (LOVE it), Nathan's or something simple for lunch at US, Something simple that night for dinner, and T-REX for the day we go to Mickey's Christmas Party.

Any comments or suggestions?

Seeing as I visit UO as a solo traveller, is there really anywhere I can eat without being looked at in a strange way?

Last summer I was in Orlando on business and walked around The Three Broomsticks but didn't want to sit down on my own as I thought it would be a bit embarrassing (plus wasting a table where a family could sit at).

Ditto with Mythos. I would love to sample that restuarant, but I guess it's not possible to realistically book a table for 1.

Luckily there's lots of fast food outlets at UO. :woohoo: I am particularly fond of Burger Digs in Jurassic Park. I always buy my burger and chips and go and sit round the back by the lagoon outside Discovery Center.

Ditto with Mythos. I would love to sample that restuarant, but I guess it's not possible to realistically book a table for 1.

I disagree. It's perfectly fine at any restaurant!

There's no way a solo diner needs to eat only quick service on a trip. YOU are just as deserving of a good meal as the next person.

If you feel uncomfortable dining alone, maybe do some "practice runs" at home?

Seeing as I visit UO as a solo traveller, is there really anywhere I can eat without being looked at in a strange way?

Last summer I was in Orlando on business and walked around The Three Broomsticks but didn't want to sit down on my own as I thought it would be a bit embarrassing (plus wasting a table where a family could sit at).

Luckily there's lots of fast food outlets at UO. :woohoo: I am particularly fond of Burger Digs in Jurassic Park. I always buy my burger and chips and go and sit round the back by the lagoon outside Discovery Center.

I disagree. It may be uncomfortable for you but my dad dines alone all the time no matter where we are. Hes not one to rally everyone up to go with him he just goes alone. So it's one thing for you to be embarrassed to dine alone, but its another for it to actually be "Weird".

You're on vacation and you can enjoy it just like everyone else. Who cares if you're alone? The people who make weird looks and stuff are probably the ones who aren't enjoying their vacation as much as another because they care too much what others think and what others are doing to humiliate themselves. My moto on vacation is to do whatever makes me happy and if that makes others look at me funny- more power to me because Im a free form of entertainment for them. Plus, so many people cycle in and out of that park that you probably won't ever see any of those people again.

Don`t feel that way :goodvibes

There are loads of people who eat on their own in restaurants and I don`t think other people give it a second thought.

Of course you can eat in Mythos or Three Broomsticks, no reason on earth why you shouldn`t.

Hope you have a wonderful time :thumbsup2

Made an AdR for Margaritaville via opentable.com
has anyone used it before? is it reliable? Hope so!
:hippie:

thanks a lot Damo you have been very helpful! and fast on responses!!:thumbsup2

I travel alone a lot and have done many of the Orlando restaurants on my own, in WDW and along International Drive. I will be doing the same at Universal. I'm not passing up sitting in Three Broomsticks or having a buffet breakfast at one of the hotels just because I'm on my own.

If you're really uncomfortable getting a table, in a book I have on Universal it did mention that some of the Citywalk restaurants serve meals at the bar, often the full menu.

Do they take reservations at the Three Broomsticks? We have a group of 11.
No...the only reservations are for breakfast and you have to make reservations through your package. Three Broomsticks is a counter service restaurant...no reservations otherwise.

This is our first IOA trip after many many WDW trips and we found the food service at IOA to be really bad.

The food isn't just mediocre and overpriced. It's terrible and overpriced. After finding the table service restaurants completely booked within minutes of the park opening, we had counter service from Captain America Diner. The chicken sandwiches were like shoe leather. While I dont expect fine dining from counter service I do expect the food to be at least edible.

What perplexed me the most is how hard it is to get dinner at this park, even with a closing time of 8pm. Only a handful of restaurants are open past 6pm, hours aren't marked on the map and no employee we talked to had a clue what was open at that point. Even the manager I stopped gave bad information saying "the counter restaurants are open", as we stood infront of a closed "Blondies".

Are they trying to drive people out of the park 2 hours before it closes? Are these restaurants open a bit later when the park is open till 11? Is this an effort to get people out to CityWalk for dinner?

We left today before we'd planned to because we couldn't find anything to eat and ended up picking up something on the way back to our hotel that was probably half the price and double the taste.

This is our first IOA trip after many many WDW trips and we found the food service at IOA to be really bad.

The food isn't just mediocre and overpriced. It's terrible and overpriced. After finding the table service restaurants completely booked within minutes of the park opening, we had counter service from Captain America Diner. The chicken sandwiches were like shoe leather. While I dont expect fine dining from counter service I do expect the food to be at least edible.

What perplexed me the most is how hard it is to get dinner at this park, even with a closing time of 8pm. Only a handful of restaurants are open past 6pm, hours aren't marked on the map and no employee we talked to had a clue what was open at that point. Even the manager I stopped gave bad information saying "the counter restaurants are open", as we stood infront of a closed "Blondies".

Are they trying to drive people out of the park 2 hours before it closes? Are these restaurants open a bit later when the park is open till 11? Is this an effort to get people out to CityWalk for dinner?

We left today before we'd planned to because we couldn't find anything to eat and ended up picking up something on the way back to our hotel that was probably half the price and double the taste.
Sorry you had a bad experience this time. I'm not usually there that late so I can't speak to why you had such a hard time finding something open. Supposedly food service stops 30 minutes prior to park close but it sounds like they jumped the gun and closed early. Most of the places I've eaten at IOA are really good...Captain America Diner is not one of them. The two best counter service places are Blondie's (I know...they were closed) and Thunder Falls Terrace. I would never recommend Captain America Diner to anyone. I don't think they are trying to drive business to CityWalk but I have no idea why everything seemed to close early the night you were there.

Something I did notice on the IOA website is that they list their closing time for the park as "normally 6pm". I'm guessing but it seems that they close the sit-down and counter service restaurants at 6pm every day leaving a few carts open on nights that they close at 8 or 11pm.

Something I did notice on the IOA website is that they list their closing time for the park as "normally 6pm". I'm guessing but it seems that they close the sit-down and counter service restaurants at 6pm every day leaving a few carts open on nights that they close at 8 or 11pm.

Sit down restaurants shut hours before 6 if the parks close at 6.

I second the TFT, their chicken is amazing! And I have to add Three Broomsticks to that list. I've never even heard of the Captain America sandwich shop but I guess that's for the best. I will admit US/IOA counter service (Burgers and chicken) are a hit and miss sometimes but I wouldn't give up on them completely. Even "The other place" has its flaws with dining (as I found out in my last trip-- oh boy!). I researched places to catch a good quick meal vs. sit down for a month before and still was very disappointed with the food... but that's not to say I wouldn't give it another go.

Universal Studios has a few gems in the rough as well. We always ate at the nathans and sandwich shop at the back of the park right near Jaws. I've also always liked Mels for a quick bite but apparently a lot of people have had bad experiences here. We do tend to eat at very busy times of the day due to my sugar levels and fathers acid reflux problems (Have to keep on a tight schedule so levels dont drop/sky rocket) so our food is usually VERY hot and fresh.

I will also admit that food is overpriced but most of the time they give you so much food you can split it with someone or order a kids meal. Then again, what theme park's food isn't that highly priced?

After many WDW trips you found the food at Universal bad and overpriced?
Didn't you find WDW food to be the same? I did.

I'd say that first sentence told me all I needed to sum up the 'bad' experience:)

TFT had the best CS meal I had on my entire trip. We shared a chicken wrap with fries and it was right around the same price as the inedible burger from DHS and much less than the taco salad from Pecos Bill's (when you count the cost of addtional immodium I had to buy the next day):rotfl:

We ate offsite three times in 6 days because all but a couple of meals at WDW (the good was mostly at Epcot) were not very good.

Made an AdR for Margaritaville via opentable.com
has anyone used it before? is it reliable? Hope so!

Did not even think about using Open Table while we were there. We use it all the time at home and yes it's always reliable. Good to know this for next time :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter