Where to eat dinner in MK with a picky teen?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
We usually do lunch at Cosmic Ray's but thought about doing a dinner in the park instead. We could still do Cosmic Ray's at dinner, which is my fall-back plan. I also thought about Columbia Harbour House as a maybe. The thing is, I would kind of like to do a sit-down dinner, as it's our last day in the World and I've never done one in MK.

So I'm looking for suggestions. We like mostly American foods, not a lot of spicy things. I also thought of Italian at Tony's, but I think I read somewhere that the food wasn't great?

We like Crystal Palace and have eaten there during our last 4 trips. The buffet has always been really good. We also really like The Plaza. I would look on line at the menus and decide from there.

I'd suggest The Plaza.

Their dinner is a fixed price, isn't it? Is it a buffet? Also, I can't seem to find the price for dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern is an "all you care to enjoy" meal where all the food is brought to your table and you can ask for more of anything until you're satisfied. The current prices for all the buffets, dinner shows and Prix Fixe type meals are listed in the sticky at the top of the restaurant board called "Buffet, Character, Shows, AYCTE Pricing" or by clicking HERE

I would recommend Crystal Palace because there’s enough variety for everyone to find something. I could not make LTT work for myself because the menu is so limited (I don’t like turkey), so I wouldn’t recommend for a picky eater. Plaza is another option, but it’s not my fave.

Off the top I would suggest Liberty Tree Tavern, the Plaza, or even Skippers, however i have no idea what your teen would enjoy. CHeck out the menus and choose based on what most closely matches your family tastes.

I found the menu at Skippers basic enough for even the pickiest of eaters, but I don't know your son's real preferences. HOnestly, if all else fails, book Crystal Palace. It is a fun meal and the buffet will have food for just about any preference.

For me I would spend sometime checking out the menus, with picky eaters, I would lean toward a buffet so that there's something for everyone... It ticks off more boxes for a family or a group... You can check out the menus here as well over on allears, to get a pretty good idea of what is offered..

As well if your kiddo's are old enough have them check out the menus along with you, so you are getting a good read on what they might like to eat...

Another thought is you could head out of the park to a resort and grab some QS over there, Captain Cooks is one of our fav's, they have some interesting options as well as the basic offerings, this is a nice way to take a moment... looking from the beach at the Poly across the lagoon to MK is just so beautiful... then head back for your last night of parades and fireworks...

Last edited:
Definitely check all of the menus and see what looks good for your group. Picky is different things to different people. I would think anything in MK would suit "American" tastes except for maybe Skipper Canteen.

Thanks, all. I have been checking menus, and can usually find things that 3 out of 4 of us will eat, but then there's nothing for that other person. Ironically, he loves turkey, but it's DH (who was ruined by his mother's overcooked dry turkey that had to be smothered and hidden in gravy) won't go for a turkey dinner he'd have to pay for. Oh yeah, and no pork.... not a religious thing, DH just doesn't like pork. Argh!

Tony's has a new chef? Maybe that's the way to go? I'd hate to pay that for my kid's pizza, though, when we could have just done QS, lol.

Thanks, all. I have been checking menus, and can usually find things that 3 out of 4 of us will eat, but then there's nothing for that other person. Ironically, he loves turkey, but it's DH (who was ruined by his mother's overcooked dry turkey that had to be smothered and hidden in gravy) won't go for a turkey dinner he'd have to pay for. Oh yeah, and no pork.... not a religious thing, DH just doesn't like pork. Argh!

Tony's has a new chef? Maybe that's the way to go? I'd hate to pay that for my kid's pizza, though, when we could have just done QS, lol.

I recommend you check out The Dis' latest Tony's review. They said some menu items definitely improved. Personally I think it's overpriced for basic Italian food either way. I think Crystal Palace might be your best bet considering it's a buffet with an assorted amount of options. All Disney buffets from my experience offer a separate children's area with typical child-friendly foods like Mac n' Cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. Plus you would get to meet characters.

**Edit: As another suggestion, could you turn this into a breakfast or lunch? Be Our Guest, Crystal Palace, and The Plaza offer breakfast and you know what typical breakfast foods are....maybe that would help accomodate everyone's taste buds unless you guys don't like breakfast foods. For lunch, Liberty Tree Tavern is a la carte, so you could avoid the turkey fiasco.

relax, your at Disney, we have a very picky DD, we were at HBD at HS one year and miss picky was in fine form, waitress told her "don't worry you're at Disney what do you want", she said buttered noodles, no problem, buttered angel hair pasta arrived. Waitress saved the day, we tipped her well! DD still talks about it, must have been 10 years ago, it was still MGM Studios

If you can switch your table service to lunch, we very much prefer lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern because you can order what you want vs the family style meal. My husband is very picky, meat and potatoes type of guy, and he likes the pot roast there. And in our experience, they don't make a big deal at all if your teen wants to just order a kids meal.

We usually do lunch, but this year I have a late FP and I'm not sure I can convince DH to do RD to close, so I'm thinking of going to MK after lunch and having dinner there. We could just do a burger, but since we're there, I thought it would be nice to do something different.

Whenever I have a large group of difficult to please people at MK we go to The Plaza, so far I have had great luck with everyone being able to find something they enjoy. Good Luck.

We usually do lunch, but this year I have a late FP and I'm not sure I can convince DH to do RD to close, so I'm thinking of going to MK after lunch and having dinner there. We could just do a burger, but since we're there, I thought it would be nice to do something different.

Are you staying onsite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts