Where to eat?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I know from reading the boards for Disneyland Paris that way less planning is needed. However I have also noticed people say restaurant close unexpectedly, and I can seem to wrap my head around where to eat.

We will have 2 full park days and a half day in mid May. We do not have a meal plan.

Arrive Sunday 3pmish head to a park, dinner options? I was thinking Bistrot Chez Remy, but I’m not sure it’s open and I’m not sure DD would like the kids options, but would eat the adult options. Am I better off just doing counter service? Ideally I would like a sitdown meal this day it’s mine and DHs anniversary, but I would also like to get into the parks.

Monday breakfast at the hotel, but it looks like all food is sit down at the hotel? So maybe in the park any suggestions or ideas? Then I would like to do dinner at Inventions, 6pmish.

Tuesday breakfast with the Princess at Auberge de Cendrillon if it’s still being offered. Then parks for the day should I book dinner some place?

We have a mid day flight on Wednesday so thinking we will maybe walk to Disney Village for something to eat then head to the airport.

What am I missing?

For your anniversary, try to get a table at Walt's if you can. If you don't want a sit down breakfast, Earl of Sandwich at Disney Village is open at 8.30 and New York Style Sandwich is open at 8. McDonald's and Starbucks are also available

Where are you staying?
Unless you are at Disneyland Hotel you will walk through Disney Village on the way to the parks so can grab a quick breakfast as mentioned above. Some of the Disney Hotels also have a StarBucks on site now as well to grab something but not DLH.
The other alternative is to grab something in the parks - Market St Deli and Cable Car Bake Shop on Main Street are usually open even during EMH so you can grab a pastry and hot/cold drink.

Remys is in the Studio park which usually closes about 6.30/7 so the last sitting you would get there would probably be about 4.30/ 5. It depends if you want to spend your first few hours in a restaurant. How old is your daughter? She could order the adult meal but you would pay adult prices for her.

The main park will be open a bit later that day - at least til sunset so possibly about 9.30/10 mid May (I cant remember) but you will still find that not many restaurants in the park offer dinner. Someone else mentioned Walts but again the last sitting here may be 4ish.
The restaurants in the hotels and Village are open much later

Inventions usually opens at 6 in the evenings so 6pm is a good time to eat as it will be less busy and you will have more interaction from the characters.

Both Remys and Inventions are 2 of the most popular restaurants so you will need to book them to be sure of a table there.

Restaurants dont tend to close unexpectedly as you said but most in the parks are not open every day - Walts is usually closed one day and week and most of the counter service are not open every day

Where are you staying?
Unless you are at Disneyland Hotel you will walk through Disney Village on the way to the parks so can grab a quick breakfast as mentioned above. Some of the Disney Hotels also have a StarBucks on site now as well to grab something but not DLH.
The other alternative is to grab something in the parks - Market St Deli and Cable Car Bake Shop on Main Street are usually open even during EMH so you can grab a pastry and hot/cold drink.

Remys is in the Studio park which usually closes about 6.30/7 so the last sitting you would get there would probably be about 4.30/ 5. It depends if you want to spend your first few hours in a restaurant. How old is your daughter? She could order the adult meal but you would pay adult prices for her.

The main park will be open a bit later that day - at least til sunset so possibly about 9.30/10 mid May (I cant remember) but you will still find that not many restaurants in the park offer dinner. Someone else mentioned Walts but again the last sitting here may be 4ish.
The restaurants in the hotels and Village are open much later

Inventions usually opens at 6 in the evenings so 6pm is a good time to eat as it will be less busy and you will have more interaction from the characters.

Both Remys and Inventions are 2 of the most popular restaurants so you will need to book them to be sure of a table there.

Restaurants dont tend to close unexpectedly as you said but most in the parks are not open every day - Walts is usually closed one day and week and most of the counter service are not open every day

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge, we arent huge breakfast eaters, so grab and go is better for us for that meal anyway. So the Disney village will be perfect!

Assuming most places will be open for lunch? I am hoping to make my reservations for Inventions right at 60 days out.

Walt’s looks fabulous but may be a stretch with my kids.

My daughter will be almost 5 when we go, we don’t mind paying for the meal if it’s all she will eat, but maybe Remys isn’t the best pick the differnace in price is pretty big.

Am I missing a good option for one of the meals? Should I look more to the village? I don’t mind eating the first night since we can go to Disneyland park after and we have two full days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter