• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to get GAC?

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
I've been reading the posts on the disabilities board and have seen a number of times the subject of a GAC, so excuse me for asking this stupid question: I was wondering where do you get a GAC and how does it work?

The last time I was at disney if you were in a wheelchair or ECV, you went to the front of the line.

My sister and I both have muscluar dystrophy and cannot walk at all and have limited use of our limbs even when sitting. We use ECVs to get around.

Thanks,

Joy

Hi, OJoyfulOne!

The GAC is to alert Cast Members to non-visible disabilites, like sun sensitivity. Since you and your sister both use ECV's, you shouldn't need one unless you have some other problem that a GAC could help you with. Most of the queues at WDW are mainstream queues and you can stay in your ECV until you reach the place to load. For the very few queues that aren't mainstreamed, ask the CM and they will tell you where to go to get on the ride.

I don't think there is any GAC pass that has people go to the head of the line, at least no one I know has ever had that happen(smile). I am in a wheelchair and I wait in line with everyone else most of the time and use Fastpass like everyone else the rest of the time. Sometimes it will look like people are going to the head of the line, because to load someone with a mobility impairment they will do that at the exit. What this actually means is that I will often wait longer than the people in the main line, as there is a limit to the number of disabled people the ride can have on it (fire safety I think), or there are very few wheelchair ride vehicles and I will need to wait in order to gain access to that ride vehicle.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter