Where to have lunch in Sea World?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We are planning to spend 2 days at Sea World. What are the best sit down or quick service restaurants? Thanks!

There are only 2 "sit down" locations at SWO- Up Close Dining (which requires a reservation) and Sharks (which does not). I love Up Close Dining, because I love being so close to the whales. Now- the rest of the restaurants will be along the lines of quick service. My favorites are Mama's Pretzel Kitchen and Mango Joe's

Up-close dining. (Formerly Dine with Shamu). Buffet style with neat info, and right up close - most likely still to the rescued pilot whales. They do a training demonstration and the trainers come around to answer questions.

Otherwise, check out the SW menus sticky at the top of this forum to see which quick service places appeal to you.

We like Voyager's Smokehouse. DS doesn't eat much so we split a platter and side salad as a family. I'd like to try Up-Close Dining when he's a little older, and might eat his money's worth.

Another voyager smokehouse vote but last few visits, only one line was open & it was a long process.

I booked upclose dining for the interation, that the buffet was far better than I expected was a nice bonus.

Up-close dining. (Formerly Dine with Shamu). Buffet style with neat info, and right up close - most likely still to the rescued pilot whales. They do a training demonstration and the trainers come around to answer questions.

Otherwise, check out the SW menus sticky at the top of this forum to see which quick service places appeal to you.
How far in advance can you book up close dining? Thanks!

I booked it 3 months out; looks like it is currently available to book through the end of the year. My understanding is the earlier you book, the better your table position is - which seems to be true, as we were seated right against the glass of the tank.

Also, they have had it buy-one-get-one on "blue" friday in past years, so it may be worth waiting if you're going after Thanksgiving.

For CS we like the place right by the penguins with the different food stations. For TS we do dinner at Sharks Underwater Grill.

We like Sharks Underwater Grill. It's a splurge for us, but it's amazing sitting underwater so close to the sharks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter