Where to start!!! First time to WDW in 6 years...

The water parks are a real nice break from the parks. We all really enjoyed them. Get there at rope drop and grab a spot ASAP as the lounge chairs get claimed pretty fast. Or rent an umbrella that comes with 2 chairs. I always look at the map beforehand so I know exactly where I am going.

On my last trip, we only made 4 ADR’s, one of which we had to cancel due to illness. It WAS great not to have to be watching the clock all the time. We had some great CS meals too.

So, time for some MagicBand questions. Do you take it off at night or are they comfortable enough to wear all the time? Do they fall off easily? The kids want fancy ones but I don't want to spend $30 and have it get lost. Has anyone added the slider watch? I think with FP to keep track of I might need one...

So, time for some MagicBand questions. Do you take it off at night or are they comfortable enough to wear all the time? Do they fall off easily? The kids want fancy ones but I don't want to spend $30 and have it get lost. Has anyone added the slider watch? I think with FP to keep track of I might need one...

We take ours off at night but wear it the rest of the time. It's like wearing my fitbit (which I sometimes think is my magic band and try to use to get into the parks...) I only get the regular ones that are free when you stay on site, however our last trip I bought some sticker/decals through Etsy to put on them. It made them unique. There are a lot of ideas on Etsy that would probably cost less, and mine was shipped to the resort and was waiting for us when we arrived. I wear my fitbit on one arm and the magic band on the other. You may want to get the band keeper (something like that?) to help it stay on but I never lost mine, kiddos fell off once but we noticed right away, it had gotten snagged when we were getting on the train at Magic Kingdom.

I took mine off as soon as we walked in the room -- i don't wear a watch and just could wait to get it off but it was comfy enough. My wrist is tiny so i was able to wiggle it off without undoing it and even doing that i never lost it. Hubby had to undo his every time and he never lost his. I expected him to hate wearing it because he sweats terribly and those things are plastic but it didn't bother him. Last time we were there for almost 3 weeks and didn't have any problems with them falling off. I found it easier to wear it with the Mickey head on my wrist instead of the back of my hand. I was able to line it up with the tappy thing easier.

...Has anyone added the slider watch? I think with FP to keep track of I might need one...

The digital watch is "ugly" and the analog watch is "bulky". They really don't look good on the newer 2.0 bands. The rubber broke twice and were replaced but we didn't bother when they broke a third time. Now that we are carrying our phones into the parks to check wait times and book our 4th, 5th....FastPasses, we just check the time on our phones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter