Where to start? What is a reasonable ambition?

I’m starting with the Galloway program for the 10k -by the time that Spring’23 registration opens up I should feel if it is ok aiming for the half or not, which is cool only because of the castle hahaha

Anyhow… I’d like to keep up with my usual cycling/yoga/pilates routines… so, the run training program should be in addition to it? Or during the “rest days” in the program?

I usually do something -even just stretching exercises- every day and sort of actively do cardio/cycling 3-4 days a week…

The body will give me signals but appreciate your thoughts… thanks!

I would think you can do your other exercises during the non-running days without issue. As you said, listen to your body but you will probably be fine. Especially since these aren't new exercises to you. Just don't increase the intensity of them dramatically

Hi!
I would like to participate in the runDisney events next Spring in 2023…

I don’t run.. LOL.. but I do indoor cycling, pilates, walking and stay reasonably fit for being 46 yrs old

I guess the Dopey challenge is out of question.. right? But running the marathon is too ambitious?

I have seen many threads here.. would you pls point me in the right direction to start preparing for it..

Thanks!
Some of my best marathon times have came off of lots of cycling base and frequency over volume run training. Lots of beginners overtrain and peak too early in there training buildup to race day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter