Where to start?

ck2d

Earning My Ears
I planning on taking a cruise this spring and since I'll already be in Florida I thought I'd take a day to see Wizarding World since I've never been. I guess I've been spoiled by Disney, because Universal's site is just frustrating to me. To the point I might just call it all off. How do you find the best deals on a hotel with a one day multipart pass? Also, what about transportation? Are there shuttles or would the best option be renting a car? Thanks for your tips!

Disney’s website isn’t top notch; you just know what you’re looking for so easier to find stuff. 😊 Seems a bit hasty to call off a trip because the website annoyed you. You clearly know how to research since you found this board. You’ll be fine. Universal doesn’t require Disney level planning.
A package will save no money for a 1 day trip. Best off just booking a la carte. If you want Express Passes then you’ll want Hard Rock, Portofino or Royal Pacific. They can be booked via the Universal site or the Loews website (they operate all but Endless Summer).
You want a park to park ticket (helps to know the term). You can get that on Universal or check Undercover Tourist.
I’m unclear where you need a shuttle. Just between hotel and parks? Sure, there are modes of transportation. The ones I said above have boats or you can simply walk in about 10 minutes. The farther out hotels have continuously running shuttles and they’ll drop you at the main entrance at CityWalk.
Universal is easy. Think of it like going to your local amusement park or something like 6 Flags vs going up Disney. Best to nip the compare and contrast in the bud early on in your planning so you can appreciate the experience vs measuring it against your Disney standards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter