Where to start??

WhenYouWish

Earning My Ears
I am starting to gather information for a Honeymoon in 9/02. My fiance and I have discussed several options. We're not sure how long we'll be able to go (we both will be just recently graduated from college).

Our two favorite options so far:
7 day cruise (we've never cruised before)
7 day WDW vacation at Animal Kindom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge

Our concerns:
We've been to Disney together 4 or 5 times. We love it. We're really leaning towards the WDW only vacation (only because it's what we've done before).

Will we like the cruise?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start or what works best for a Honeymoon vacation? Any tips or secrets are much appreciated:)

We did a week at WDW and the 4 day cruise for our honeymoon in 1999. I was worried I wouldn't enjoy the cruise much since we are huge Disney fanatics, but I was wrong! We loved it and can't wait to do DCL again sometime soon. Maybe you could split your honeymoon a bit and do some parks, and one of the 3 or 4 day cruises as a compromise... Just an idea.

Kristi

I agree with Kristi. How about a 4 day land/ 3 day sea honeymoon trip? It will give you a taste of both. If you want an additional "land" day, you can always add a pre-night to your trip, too.

Also, when you plan the cruise, don't forget to inquire about any Fall Fantasy promotions that may be available. You'll get considerable savings. With the extra $ you will save, you can apply it to an extra night or two on "land" or an extra special romantc dinner at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

Happy Planning!
:sunny:

Welcome to the new board, WhenYouWish!!!

I have to jump in and add another vote for the cruise! My husband and I are doing the 4 day cruise in September for our anniversary trip and leaving the kids at home. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. I'd suggest doing the 4 day cruise though, with a few days at WDW beforehand. The 3 day will leaving you wanting more! LOL! You can book a 3 day land/4 day sea package and add extra days to the land portion if you'd like. Plus, going in September you should be able to get some fantastic Fall Fantasy savings as Misti mentioned. Also, be sure to get a stateroom with a verandah on the ship. You can order room service for breakfast, and sit out there in the mornings instead of going to the one of the restaurants. Very romantic!!!

Also, there are quite a few adult only areas on the ship. The specialty restaurant, Palo, is adult only and has a very romantic atmosphere. There's an adult only beach on Castaway Cay, an adult only pool on board the ship, and of course several of the night clubs are for adults only. So, I think it's a great place for a honeymoon!

First I would like to say, "Welcome to the DIS!" We're glad you joined us! As far as your honeymoon goes, I think it's really personal preference. I am too chicken to go on a cruise--I am afraid I might get seasick. But I will probably get over that fear and go on one sooner or later! A honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge sounds so romantic to me! It's such a beautiful, cozy resort. Whatever you choose to do, have a wonderful honeymoon!

I vote for a cruise/land combination also! That is what my DH and I did. We arrived on the Sunday after our wedding and spent that night at the WL. Then our land/sea package started the next day, with us at the Polynesian. We did the 4 day land/3 day sea and it was wonderful!! Dh pushed for the cruise, while I wanted entirely land. But I'm very glad we split it and did both. Best of both worlds!

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong!

Here is how I did it, I started with the 7 day cruise and then talked my fiance (sp) into the extra days at WDW because "we are going to be in Florida anyway". We are in Southern Ontario and it was bugging me to know that my first trip to Florida would not include WDW. Actually wiht the Fall Fantasy savings we went from a Cat 11 stateroom to a Cat 9 stateroom for $200 less than original price.

It is my home away from home! I spend most of my time on the DIS there. I've never done a Disney Cruise (been on another line tho) and the cruise forum convinced me that I really need to go on DCL. I can't even count the number of times I've visited WDW (never get bored with it!) but something new and different sounds wonderful to me. Anything done by Disney is nothing short of First Class!

Regardless of what you decide, it will be a magical experience! Good Luck and Congrats!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter