Where to stay after disneyland?

marvel

DIS Veteran
Sorry this is not a specific disney questions but hoping that someone can help in regards on where is a nice place to stay in LA after we have finished our disney stay. We have about 4 nights, where we want to finish of with one day at Universal and then just shop for the rest. We are tossing up between the beach areas around Santa Monica or possibly Beverly Hills.

We have heard about shopping areas like the Grove, Fashion District, Del Amo Shopping Mall and would like to know if any particular area would be best to stay in. We will have a car most likely for the whole time. Thanks.

marvel said:
Sorry this is not a specific disney questions but hoping that someone can help in regards on where is a nice place to stay in LA after we have finished our disney stay. We have about 4 nights, where we want to finish of with one day at Universal and then just shop for the rest. We are tossing up between the beach areas around Santa Monica or possibly Beverly Hills.

We have heard about shopping areas like the Grove, Fashion District, Del Amo Shopping Mall and would like to know if any particular area would be best to stay in. We will have a car most likely for the whole time. Thanks.

We are moving to the crown plaza beverly hills. We actually got it for $70 a night on priceline. I would suggest that.

We're staying at the Hyatt Huntington Beach for 4 nights, Hyatt Valencia for 2 nights and Loews Santa Monica for two (after our two nights at Disney)

How did you decide on where to stay??

That is a really good price for the crowne plaza. I am a bit hesitant to use priceline or hotwire, I understand that priceline won't guarantee 2 beds which doesn't work for us.

With the Huntington Beach and others, why did you end up picking those??

Lots of research on the internet. Check www.tripadvisor.com for travellers' reports on hotels.

You need to know what you want to do and pick hotels close by. My kids want to spend more time at Magic Mountain, so we are staying at the Hyatt Valencia.

We stayed at Huntington Beach last year and it was a fabulous hotel, beach and location for toodling around.

My daughter wants to spend some time in the Santa Monica area, so we decided to do a few nights there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter