Where to stay for a kidless trip?

cwnhokie

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Orlando in 2 weeks for 3 nights for my husband's 50th birthday. We love Disney but it doesn't necessarily have to be a Disney trip. Thinkng either stay near Disney and do Disney things that we haven't been able to do with the kids along, maybe not even in the parks, or go to a nearby beach, but not sure about the weather. Would like to stay somewhere with easy access to dining, bars, maybe a spa, maybe golf?

We’ve done an adult 3 night trip the past two years. We stayed at one of the Marriotts at Flamingo Crossings last year and enjoyed it because we have a number of favorite restaurants on 192 (and I had Marriott points to use.) We stayed at the Embassy Suites off IDrive that’s across from the big Ferris wheel and LOVED the location. We walked to dinner and attractions each evening and loved being able to have a few beers without driving.

We're excited to stay in a DS resort and walk to DS. We're staying at the Hilton and we can walk across the street to DS for restaurants, shopping, bars and staying out way later than we would if we had the kids!

While attending a business conference (2018) I stayed at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace (across DS). Excellent location for adults and if you feel inclined to visit the parks, they provide shuttle service. Please wish your husband an excellent 50th birthday!

While attending a business conference (2018) I stayed at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace (across DS). Excellent location for adults and if you feel inclined to visit the parks, they provide shuttle service. Please wish your husband an excellent 50th birthday!
Thank you!

Hubby and I did a "kidless" trip once. It was so nice. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We did not go to the parks. One night we ate at the California Grill. We spent one night on the Boardwalk. We sat on a bench and watched the Epcot fireworks. We enjoyed drinks and strolling around the resorts and shops. We also hung out in Atlantic Dance Hall and danced!

We also enjoyed hanging out at AKL. It was so relaxing to hang out at the pool and not be on lifeguard duty! We enjoyed drinks there too. We enjoyed watching the animals from our room. We technically didn't have a savannah view room, but the CM told us she gave us a room that can't be labeled a savannah room because there is a corral in front of it, but she really didn't think we would mind. She was right. It didn't hinder our view of the animals and the giraffes even slept outside of our room each night.

What a great way to celebrate his birthday! You will have a great time!

As childless millennials (😂) all our trips have been without kids. For off property we rated the four points Sheraton at the top of I drive. Walking distance to universal and we had some days playing mini golf and discovering some new restaurants.
On property we have done OKW and POFQ and both were perfect, especially with the boat ride to Disney springs. We are booked into AKL next year so very excited about that!

We both love Waldorf Astoria (you can get some deals online). Great combo of luxury+ Disney perks and so close to the parks. On property we loved the Yacht Club. Walking distance to Disney’s Boardwalk was great. Hope you have fun planning a great trip!

I have never been on a kidless trip, but I have stayed in the Hyatt on I-drive during a conference and I think I would love that hotel and location if it were just my husband and me. As someone mentioned above, being able to walk to bars and restaurants is a big perk in that area. It's also a really nice hotel with a high end feel and would be a great place to celebrate a 50th birthday!

Closer to Disney, I agree that Disney Springs hotels would be a good option. Again, the convenience of being able to walk to a nightlife scene when you are not with kids is a nice bonus. And if you do get a last minute urge to pop into a park for a few hours then it's all right there. I can't comment on the hotels since I have never been a guest at any DS hotel.

Good luck and happy birthday to your husband!

Port Orleans French Quarter...if you want to stay onsite... has a boat that goes to Disney Springs and the normal internal bus service (although I use Lyft instead of the bus when I am there to save time). I also believe there is a golf course across the Sassagoula River from the resort (I remember seeing one of the greens with a flag from my room).

A quick ride to Epcot....

Also, Scat Cats Lounge and beignets...

I found a great deal and booked Margaritaville. I'm still wondering if I should have went with a Disney Springs hotel. I have until tomorrow to cancel. I love the planning, but I have so much trouble making decisions...

I found a great deal and booked Margaritaville. I'm still wondering if I should have went with a Disney Springs hotel. I have until tomorrow to cancel. I love the planning, but I have so much trouble making decisions...
Margaritaville looks like a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!