Where to stay - Ideas please

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
We're flying into LAX, from the UK next May.
Staying around the LA area for a week to visit DL and Universal (possibly Sea World) before driving up the coast road to San Francisco for the second week to take our flight home :)

Originally I was looking to stay close to DL but now I'm considering renting a house or condo a little way out for a week (18th - 25th May).

I've enquired about homes in Fullerton, Huntington Beach, San Clemente and at Dana Pointe.
Does anyone have any views on these areas?
It will be myself, my partner and 14 year old daughter so we don't mind driving and I thought it might be nice to have more room.
Also, what might the weather be like at his time of year?

Any help would be fantastic.::yes::

Thank you :hippie:

We have stayed at at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach on a couple of vacations. We loved the hotel and it is across the street from the beach. We enjoyed walking up to the Main Street area opposite the Pier.

There are a lot of restaurants near the pier. We'd go there more often but it is 3000 miles away:sad2:

We drove once to DL and it was about a 30 to 45 drive due to traffic(we only went to DTD )

We visited the same time of year on 2 of the trips. Along the coast it tended to be overcast in the morning but it burnt off by lunch time (found the same thing on a May trips to Santa Barbara and an April trip to Coronado). We spent all our time hanging at the pool if that help :)

Thank you :goodvibes
Yes, that does help.
I think it's a choice between a condo in Huntington Beach or one at Dana Point :confused3

The one at Dana Point is part of a complex, with a pool, but the Huntington Beach one is about 3/4 mile away from the beach and has no pool........Decisions, decisions.....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter