• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay in NC/SC on the way down?

poohsdoodle

Doodle's Mom
I think our plans for flying have changed :(

We are now considering driving down afer work Frid 2/28. Leaving Salem,Va. Total trip to WDW apprx 12 hrs.

We have three children (3,6,7) and five adults, three cars (most likely).

From those who have done this, how far should we drive the first night (I would like to drive as late as possible, so I don't have to be in the car all day Sat). We can check in our home at 3:00.

Where to stay, any good deals?

Hi,
We drove from Southern NJ last March, and made it to Brunswick, GA the first day. The next day was a 'short' 4-5 hour drive to WDW. We drove with our 9mo. old and 8yr. old, and our thinking was to just 'bite the bullet' the first day, making for a shorter drive the next.
You could get a rough idea of distance/time with http://www.mapquest.com/, and if your taking I-95, you can check out what kind of lodging is available on each exit with this link: http://www.usastar.com/i95/homepage.htm

Have a great trip:)

Thanks Mark!

I hate the thought of driving, but I guess we are saving a thousand or more $$ by doing so.

Guess that just means more to spend at Disney!!!!

On my drives down from PA to FL .... I have stayed at several of the Sleep Inns, Wingates and Comfort inns, also Qunita...they all are very clean and about $60 to $80 per nite.
:)

Try Florence, South Carolina. There are alot of places to stay in that area.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn off of I-95 in Walterboro, SC on 3 different occasions when traveling to HH. If you are a Hilton Honors member you can get this property for 10K points on a weekend night.

Mapquest showed Savannah as 8 hours from Salem, VA. That probably puts Columbia, SC, about 6 or 6.5 hours.

We've stayed at two Microtel Inns in the Savannah area ... one in Pooler near the airport and one about 10 miles further south.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter