Where to stay?

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
I'm planning a trip that is Universal in the morning and afternoon and WDW at night. Where would you stay?

If this was a disney only trip I wouldn't rent a car, but I do plan to rent since we are splitting time every day between the two.

The options I am looking at are:
Pop
Cabana Bay
Marriott Residence Inn close to Universal that has shuttle to UOR

Well, if it makes a difference, there's an AVIS at Cabana Bay, but you also have to pay for parking. If maximizing your time at Universal is important, I'd say Cabana Bay, because you get early entry. I haven't stayed at the other two, so I can't really offer a comparison. We were at CB this past week and enjoyed the theming. I'd ask if there were renovated rooms, though, because ours was pretty tired.

Cabana Bay rooms are larger and the resort is more like a Disney moderate. I feel like I get a better deal at CBBR compared to Pop. Bonus non of those kid groups that drive me crazy at Disney. I also think Bayliner diner has better food

Uber or Lyft might be cheaper to get back and forth between the 2 parks, depending on how many days you are staying. It costs to park at both Disney and Universal, so wherever you stay you will be paying for parking if you drive. (Or if you are staying at a Disney resort or Universal resort it costs to park there.) I have never noticed any of my my standard Cabana Bay rooms to be worn, and I have stayed at Pop several times also. Early entry if staying at CB, possible late night magic hours if staying at Pop. The resorts at Universal are closer to the parks, so less bus time. It really depends on your priorities!

To answer the where would I stay question, we just spent a week at the Royal Pacific at Universal, and drove to Disney 3 days.

Cabana Bay. You get much more Resort there than what Pop offers. I would also consider using Lyft or Uber instead of renting a car where you’ll be paying rental price plus daily parking fee.

Cabana bay has a better pool area than pop, but the problem would be FP+... 60 days if at pop, only 30 if at cb.

It’s such a shame about the parking fee at Cabana Bay. I usually always rent a car so we can get around all the park and shopping malls/ restaurants etc that we’d like to.
I’ve never used Uber/lyft but I’m wondering if if would be a serious consideration.
By the time I pay to get from the airport that’s a large portion of the car hire justified - it’s just a shame about the additional parking costs.
Are a company such as lyft fast and reliable at collecting you ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter