Where to Stay?

Mcterry

Earning My Ears
We are going on a Disney Cruise this summer but are planning to stay in Paris for about a week before. We want to go to DLP and I see that they are running a special. My kids will be 7 and 9, so I am thinking about spending 2 nights in DLP. At DW we typically stay deluxe but since we are already spending a small fortune on the cruise, I’m trying to be sensible. My parents will also be with us. As I see it, there are 2 options that are fairly feasible.
All 6 of us at the Nature Village for $1700
or 2 rooms at the Sequoia, our room would be $1400, my parents a bit less.

Both of these options include 3 park days and free half board. If we went with the Sequoia, we can upgrade to club level for $285 more.
we plan to be there June 18-20. Are kids still in school? How are crowds? What is free half board? The pool is supposed to be closed at the Sequoia from the 8-12 of June.
so, what would you recommend? Also, the FP for club level, how does it work?

Last edited:
Did you check other country websites of the DLP website or only the US website? US is usually the most expensive.
The summer holidays in France will start from 1st week July. Certain parts of Germany & Spain might have already started their summer holidays, but overall it will be fine.
It will be partially weekend, so slightly busier than if you would go on Monday etc due to people going for an extended weekend visit.

Read the pages on DLP's website regarding the different dining plans, there is an explanation what half board means.
As with the dining plans in WDW, it differs per family if it's worth it. There are restrictions in which restaurants. Check the conditions, and the restaurants you want to visit.
With club level you will have breakfast included already.

For the FP with club level, you will get vouchers and you give these when you enter the FP queue. There is a restriction in time when you can use them, by heart I say not between 12:00 - 16:00.

Whatever you do, don;t think of the hotels of DLP as the same as resorts at WDW. Less amenities, it really is designed as a hotel, a place to sleep. Deluxe in WDW is in no means comparable to the more luxurious hotels in DLP. Keep your expectations low if you are used to WDW, and don't compare too much ;-) Open mind.

With your party, I would chose staying onsite, walking to the park is so much better than taking the buses.

Last edited:
DLP it's something where you say "been there, done that" and move on... Go for 1 night 2 day park experience and that's it
Don't waste your money Paris has so much better to offer.

Karin basically covered everything, but I'll add two things: 1) I would stay at Sequoia over Nature Village because the walk to the parks is so easy (~10 minutes). 2) On the meal plan, if you want to eat at a restaurant that isn't covered, you can always pay an upgrade amount over the meal plan to dine there.

DLP it's something where you say "been there, done that" and move on... Go for 1 night 2 day park experience and that's it
While you don't need as much time in DLP as WDW, I would say you would need two full days as a minimum to enjoy both parks fully. We visited for 4 days and had 2 days in each park. In the 22 years since we last visited so much had changed and we wanted to experience all of it, we went on almost every attraction and went to most of the shows. If you are coming all that way as a one off, I say give yourself time to enjoy it all. The only let down for us was the food, and rate it as mediocre at best unfortunately.

Sequoia Lodge would win my vote, we went for a look around and reminded me of the Wilderness Lodge. It's an easy walk to the park entrance along the waterway.

Finally, it is not school holidays in the UK during those dates, but I am not sure about other European countries.

While you don't need as much time in DLP as WDW, I would say you would need two full days as a minimum to enjoy both parks fully. We visited for 4 days and had 2 days in each park. In the 22 years since we last visited so much had changed and we wanted to experience all of it, we went on almost every attraction and went to most of the shows. If you are coming all that way as a one off, I say give yourself time to enjoy it all. The only let down for us was the food, and rate it as mediocre at best unfortunately.

Sequoia Lodge would win my vote, we went for a look around and reminded me of the Wilderness Lodge. It's an easy walk to the park entrance along the waterway.

Finally, it is not school holidays in the UK during those dates, but I am not sure about other European countries.
Yes I meant 2 full days and 1 night in the park. Paris has so much better to offer and to spend money on than DLP. And I agree the food was appalling.

I have a similar question as OP so hope it is okay to piggyback. We will be in Paris for 5 days, I want to spend 2-3 nights at DLP and see it for the first time! I was leaning towards the Nature Park due to the nice pool, but I wasn't sure how I would get to the parks then - is it a shuttle bus? Otherwise, I don't really care much and would just go for the cheapest, which seems to the Santa Fe hotel. Can you use the Nature Park pool if you are staying at a different hotel?

Oh, just to add, it looks like nature park and Santa fe are very similar in price, so if anyone can recommend between the 2. Also, since I am booking on the French website, does anyone know if generally these are cancellable? Could I call DW and ask to be transferred to DLP and ask them and book that way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!