Where to stay?

Disneyenthusiast

Mouseketeer
We are two adults in our 50s with no children. (Been there, done that!) We love Disney, but are looking for a hotel room that might have fewer, rather than more, children. We don't mind paying a little more.

We were considering the NPB Admiral's floor, but it sounds like all of the large families stay there because the rooms will accomodate more bodies. I have also seen some negative postings about the condition of the NPB. On the other hand, it sounds like they are refurbishing.

Considerations are the Movenpick, NPB, and SL Lake view. We really want a king bed and would be upset to find ourselves with 2 doubles...

I am allergic to smoke, so is one better than another?

Thanks in advance!

go to the Hotel New York. Its great for adults, the smallest of the Disneyhotels and has the less children.
There are nice rooms with king beds

7361.jpg

or go for a deluxe room at the holiday inn

7121.jpg

5935.jpg

both hotels have non smoking rooms.

Greets Renate

I second Renates thoughts. The HNY is wonderful and would suit you down to the ground. We have stayed there 3 times now and it is our favourite. I am sure Becky will have something more to add (she is another member of the HNY fan club)

Queues for characters at HNY were reasonably well attended by children and families :sunny: After all this is Disney for children of all ages - infants to grandparents :)

Reid

Hello Disneyenthusiast - welcome to the DIS and the wonderful DLP board!! :wave2:

Yep, definitely the Hotel New York for you!! :teeth: (Hi Nicola!! ;) ) You're onsite (only a quick five, or leisurely ten minutes walk to the parks. Also nice big rooms and bathrooms, room service is available and two very nice restaurants. Although you will encounter some children in the hotel, I would say that they are slightly less evident here than in any of the other onsite hotels!

We found the SL OK in regards Kids. However the smoke would be a big problem.
I have to say the photos of the NYH rooms make it look very appealing. I'm slowly being converted I think ( or is it brainwashed;) ) thanks to Bexx and Nicola:rotfl: I think when we go next ( after our Christmas visit ) we will try the NYH:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I can hear you both cheering

Dee8197 said:
I have to say the photos of the NYH rooms make it look very appealing. I'm slowly being converted I think ( or is it brainwashed;) ) thanks to Bexx and Nicola:rotfl: I think when we go next ( after our Christmas visit ) we will try the NYH:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I can hear you both cheering

We're getting to them Nicola, we're definitely getting to them...!!! :teeth:

Bexx said:
We're getting to them Nicola, we're definitely getting to them...!!! :teeth:
'fraid you'll need to convince HNY to have rooms that accomodate 5, before we become converts ;)

Reid

We stayed at the Hotel New York in May 2005. We are 55+, no kids, and had a terriffic time. We had a ground floor room, very quiet. We are from the NY/NJ area, so we enjoyed the NY touches. We were in the Gramercy Park section. At night DH was too tired to walk thru the lobby and around to our GP wing, so I went and opened the sliding glass door for him, and it saved him a lot of walking.
We also ordered a side of eggs for DH in the AM, and it was fine and went along with the continental breakfast served at the hotel.
We loved DLP and would go back again.

I would to recommend the HNY, although children stay there it is very quiet and the rooms are great.

Nikki :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter