• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to Take 32 8th Graders for a Character Breakfast???

Where to take 32 8th Graders for a Character Breakfast?

• Chef Mickey's

• Crystal Palace

• 'Ohana

• Donald's Breakfastosaurus

• Cape May Cafe

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I am taking a group of students to WDW to perform in Disney's Magic Music Days and I am also planning on booking a character breakfast. Could you please vote and tell me which one you would choose and why? Thanks!

I don't know where you'll be staying, but I'm guessing ASMu since you'll be there for Magic Music Days. I'd pick the easiest one to get to with minimal transfers. Trying to keep track of all those kids, even with chaperones, you'll probably not all get on the same bus. So, if you can just take one bus and then all meet up again, would be the easiest, instead of having to transfer. I picked Cryatal Palace, since it's my favorite character breakfast and located at the MK, which would be easy to get to from ASMu. Just remember to call group dining to make your ressies!!

I voted 'Ohana due to the large size and its ability to handle a whole lot of children. Plus you can all meet at the TTC (WDW busses, cars, etc.) then either walk or take the monorail over to the Polynesian. Also, do you need park tickets to get in for a CB? If so, 'Ohana would eliminate that need.

I voted for Donald's. We did this one and really liked it. It would seem that with several different rooms for seatings it might be easier to do it there. The only draw-back would be the line at the buffet area. My second choice would be CHef Mickey's. Love them both.

I voted for 'Ohana for several reasons:

no park entry needed
family style serving (easier to keep track of kids if they're all sitting down!!!)

Good luck! and Thank God I teach Kindergarten and not 8th grade!!!!! LOL

Deb:earsgirl:

Wow! You are one brave, brave person. That's a lot of 8th graders!

Thanks for the replies so far. Everyone's opinions are so different - it's interesting to get all the responses.

Lori - we're actually travelling from NJ to Florida by bus and the bus will be with us for the whole trip so we can use the bus to get to the parks, Downtown Disney and resorts. That way we are all together. Do you think when I call group dining they will arrange it with the restaurant that we are all seated together?

Thanks for the replies! Keep 'em coming!

Ok I didn't vote, but I think you answered your own question. i would call Disney Dining and see what they think. They will know best which one can hold all of you and which one is available. I know when I called with a party of 18 they only had one resservation time available for the date I wanted. I would let them decide. The kids will enjoy any of them..so it is really a question of which will best accomidate such a large group..especially since transportation isn't a problem!

I voted for Donald's because my then 15 yo and 12 yo liked this above any of the others. Also, I believe it is the least expensive of the character breakfasts.

scanne - wherever you pick I'm sure with 32 8th graders they will have a blast with the characters. I picked Ohana's because it is very open and then everyone will be able to see everyone else getting hugged and kissed and pictures taken by the characters!!!!! Should be a real hoot!

Scanne - well having a bus at your disposal sure changes my vote. I'd go to Chef Mickey's. It's TOTALLY Disney, and those kids who have never been to WDW will have such a good time there. Also, seeing the monorail drive through the Contemporary should be GREAT for them as well. If you have time to hit the parks, you can just walk everyone over to MK afterwards, or pile everyone on the monorail for their first monorail ride!!!! I'd also give WDW dining a call to get the number for group dining. I'd call them ASAP to ask them what you need to do to book a breakfast for such a large group. There might only be one or two character breakfasts that might be able to accomdate a group of your size, so you can figure out where you can go and more importantly when to call so you can secure it!!!

Another vote for Chef Mickey's, not because it's the best on the list, but because like jel0511 said, it's very Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter