Where to View Fireworks at MK for Seniors

dakotix

DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts
My mother and her friends (age 70+) want to see the fireworks at MK but one of her friends has cancer and needs a spot that offers a nice view but also a place where they can make an easy exit afterwards (or exit during the show if any issues pop up). Any ideas?

Hmm, that's somewhat difficult. In order to best view Happily Ever After, you need to be in front of the castle. I would try to hang back at the corners of Main Street, maybe near Casey's. These are prime viewing spots though and do get crowded. You should stay near a pathway which they will keep clear should you need to step-away. Maybe very close to the bridge to Tomorrowland might be okay too.

Check out the map in the thread by Robo:https://www.disboards.com/threads/maps-of-wdw-by-robo-65-maps-more.3545729/

That may help you get an idea.

ETA: Also, if you are on the Casey's side, the First Aid center is right between Casey's and Crystal Palace if that could be helpful. Even if someone just needs to sit down and rest, you can go there.

Last edited:
Get to the train ride in front. You have an elevated view and you are close to the exit. Of course, you have to be there at least 90 minutes ahead of time to get a spot. It's very popular there.

Not quite as good but we have found being by the Crystal Palace restaurant to be an okay view. Some of it is obstructed but since the fireworks is in the sky it's okay. It's not too bad to exit from here.

Last edited:
Get to the train ride in front. You have an elevated view and you are close to the exit. Of course, you have to be there at least 90 minutes ahead of time to get a spot. It's very popular there.

Not quite as good but we have found being by the Crystal Palace restaurant to be an okay view. Some of it is obstructed but since the firworks is in the sky it's okay. It's not too bad to exit from here.
I thought of the train station as well but wasn't sure how long they should stake out that spot. I will let them know. Thanks!

I'm curious. I've never done the train station balcony. Seems like it would be a pretty cool vantage point, especially if taking a lot of photos.

Not quite as good but we have found being by the Crystal Palace restaurant to be an okay view. Some of it is obstructed but since the firworks is in the sky it's okay. It's not too bad to exit from here.

In May and October all the front railing spots in the upper train station were staked out by 6:30 pm each night I checked. I couldn’t believe it. I thought 6:30pm would be early enough for the 9 pm show. It wasn’t. Seems like a SUPER popular spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter