Where to watch the November 7 Florida/Georgia Game?

Nabas

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Beach Club Villas on November 7 and are looking for a place to watch the Florida/Georgia football game.

The ESPN Club is closed but does anyone know if they are broadcasting games outside on the Boardwalk in front of the ESPN Club?

Is there another place on site we can watch the game?

Thanks!

While at Stormalong Bay last week I noticed a group watching a football game on a tv at Hurricane Hannah’s. Also Splitsville at DS may be an option.

On Yelp it says ESPN Club is reopening Nov 1. BUT, Rix Sports bar is taking ADRs over at CSR now. Just started back up. And at DS is a new place called City Works Pour House. You can make a resie on Open Table which is better than Disney's ADR system as you don't get charged that no show fee. Also in DS is Splitsville (upstairs bar area) for sports watching.

And if Big River is open, can try there. No date for re-opening there yet though. Also any of the lounges, like Martha's Vineyard and Crew's Cup have TVs. Crew's Cup is not reopened but Martha's is.

Not sure if the Ale and Compass lounge has TVs. But the Wave lounge at CR does and quite a few. As does that Outer Rim bar upstairs in CR. Can monorail over.

I'd say Rix at CSR. The food is pretty good and it's not very crowded in normal times.
Thanks, we grabbed a reservation at Rix for now. It's always fun to watch with others cheering for both teams (we've done this in previous years at ESPN Club) but this will be our first time at Rix.

I'm little concerned that Rix might be empty. It seemed to have plenty of available reservation times. Hopefully, with it being a Florida game, more will show up.

Not sure if the Ale and Compass lounge has TVs. But the Wave lounge at CR does and quite a few. As does that Outer Rim bar upstairs in CR. Can monorail over.
I know Ale & Compass and Wave are open. I think I read that Outer Rim just reopened too. Will need to look at photos to decide which fits best for us.

On Yelp it says ESPN Club is reopening Nov 1. BUT, Rix Sports bar is taking ADRs over at CSR now. Just started back up. And at DS is a new place called City Works Pour House. You can make a resie on Open Table which is better than Disney's ADR system as you don't get charged that no show fee. Also in DS is Splitsville (upstairs bar area) for sports watching.

And if Big River is open, can try there. No date for re-opening there yet though. Also any of the lounges, like Martha's Vineyard and Crew's Cup have TVs. Crew's Cup is not reopened but Martha's is.
Big River Grille is one of our favorites! Hoping it eventually re-opens.

I'll keep an eye open for ESPN Club. Being at the Beach Club, that would be ideal for us. Since we are DVC members at BWV, we've stayed at BWV a lot and have been to ESPN Club several times for football games. Always a fun crowd when it's a big game and the audience is split between the 2 teams playing.

While at Stormalong Bay last week I noticed a group watching a football game on a tv at Hurricane Hannah’s. Also Splitsville at DS may be an option.
As the big local game, you would think Hurricane Hannah's would have that game on.

Thanks all for the replies! So many choices!

We grabbed a reservation at Rix (never been in that bar) because it seems to have a lot of TVs. At the moment, our plans are to take the Skyliner to DHS, then a bus from DHS to CSR to get there.

Then, to return, simply take a bus to Epcot (open till 9 PM) and walk through Epcot. (We are Annual Pass Holders and grabbed a park reservation for Epcot on that Saturday.)

Still, with all other options that we didn't even know about, my DW and I will have to discuss and see if we should do something else.

If you have been to Rix before, what's it's like during Saturday afternoon football?

We grabbed a reservation at Rix (never been in that bar) because it seems to have a lot of TVs. At the moment, our plans are to take the Skyliner to DHS, then a bus from DHS to CSR to get there.

Then, to return, simply take a bus to Epcot (open till 9 PM) and walk through Epcot. (We are Annual Pass Holders and grabbed a park reservation for Epcot on that Saturday.)

Still, with all other options that we didn't even know about, my DW and I will have to discuss and see if we should do something else.

If you have been to Rix before, what's it's like during Saturday afternoon football?
We went to Rix twice for sports. They have a bar and then restaurant seating. On each side are 2 small areas with lounge seats (sofas and chairs and coffee table type set up). We sat in one of those lounge areas with BIL and SIL to watch some game. There are TVs everywhere and they have different things on.

Then we went back on a Saturday so DH could watch his Ohio State play. There were folks sitting in the lounge section and the only TVs with Ohio State on were like 2 smaller TVs by restaurant tables and all those were taken (plus we didn't have an ADR). The other lounge seating area was empty so we wanted to sit there and asked if they could change the TV there to the Ohio State game and they said they could not. That all the channels were set/fixed to specific stations and they could not change them. DH left there pretty ticked. We were staying at BWV and went back to watch in at the bar at Big River.

We are coming in on Nov 28th and booked Sunday the 29th at City Works Pour House via Open Table. Not sure where he'll watch the Buckeyes game on the 28th as we'll be driving in that day.

. You know there’s not a direct route from Epcot IG Skyliner station & DHS? You go to Riveria & Caribbean Beach and then you transfer to DHS? You could just use the walk way to DHS or since you have park passes for Epcot- go through Epcot to the bus stops at the front. You can enter the same park multiple times with a park pass.

... or since you have park passes for Epcot- go through Epcot to the bus stops at the front. You can enter the same park multiple times with a park pass.
Thanks! I feel dumb. Not sure why this didn't occur to me.

We discussed it further and decided that we want to go to have a meal while watching the Saturday 3:30 game.

Rix seems like a good option (and ESPN Club too, if it is open) but we have never been to City Works Pour House and Splitsville. What's the food and environment like at these?

Has Disney Springs been crowded on Saturdays?

We went to Rix twice for sports. They have a bar and then restaurant seating. On each side are 2 small areas with lounge seats (sofas and chairs and coffee table type set up). We sat in one of those lounge areas with BIL and SIL to watch some game. There are TVs everywhere and they have different things on.

Then we went back on a Saturday so DH could watch his Ohio State play. There were folks sitting in the lounge section and the only TVs with Ohio State on were like 2 smaller TVs by restaurant tables and all those were taken (plus we didn't have an ADR). The other lounge seating area was empty so we wanted to sit there and asked if they could change the TV there to the Ohio State game and they said they could not. That all the channels were set/fixed to specific stations and they could not change them. DH left there pretty ticked. We were staying at BWV and went back to watch in at the bar at Big River.

We are coming in on Nov 28th and booked Sunday the 29th at City Works Pour House via Open Table. Not sure where he'll watch the Buckeyes game on the 28th as we'll be driving in that day.
I will be driving in that day as well, but planned it such that I will get there early so I could watch the LSU game.

I will be driving in that day as well, but planned it such that I will get there early so I could watch the LSU game.
The DH thinks Buckeyes game won't be noon that day so we have some time. We have the dog with us and have to drop him off at the Disney kennel. Knowing him, we will probably also get in early and be somewhere by noon-ish to watch some game or another. Might stop at Miller's Ale House off property. But we won't be far from DS so may just head there. Also near Boardwalk so could try ESPN Club. And Miller's isn't too far away either. So we have options.

Last edited:
We discussed it further and decided that we want to go to have a meal while watching the Saturday 3:30 game.

Rix seems like a good option (and ESPN Club too, if it is open) but we have never been to City Works Pour House and Splitsville. What's the food and environment like at these?

Has Disney Springs been crowded on Saturdays?
I watched You Tube reviews on City Works and the food seems to be a hit. They have a ton of TVs in there too. But I haven't been in there to know for sure. Maybe watch some You Tube videos (try The WDW Couple).

Thanks, we grabbed a reservation at Rix for now. It's always fun to watch with others cheering for both teams (we've done this in previous years at ESPN Club) but this will be our first time at Rix.

I'm little concerned that Rix might be empty. It seemed to have plenty of available reservation times. Hopefully, with it being a Florida game, more will show up.
CRS is a convention resort, so those at the conventions tend to fill in the bars at CRS in the evenings. I know there was a convention at Royal Pacific at Universal this past week while we were there, so I'd think that would be the case with Rix by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!