where we ate - 9/11-9/19

kathymc

<font color=indigo><font color=teal>Dances in the
Just returned Saturday from a stay at AKL Sept 11 – 19th. Here is where we ate.

Saturday - MGM – lunch and dinner consisted of hotdogs and turkey legs – a very well balanced meal

Sunday – AK – roasted chicken at Tusker House for lunch – very good and filling!
Dinner at Boma – loved all the soups tried a little of everything and we all enjoyed the meal, too stuffed to really enjoy desserts but we all tried a little of just about everything.

Monday – Breakfast at Mara – nothing special and kind of pricy.
Typhoon Lagoon – had chicken caesar salads for lunch that really tasted quite good.
Dinner at Artist Point - We went here to celebrate my parents 45th anniversary. It was a wonderful meal. Me and mom got the salmon and it was very good. DH and dad got the buffalo and said it was great. We all had the mushroom soup which was fabulous - DH got the venison rolls and he said it was ok. We all did the wine paring which was very nice.

They brought the berry cobbler over as an anniversary treat for my parents (yummy) - they gave my mom the recipe for the soup, salmon and cobbler and they even gave her some cedar planks! They had personalized their menus that said happy 45th anniversary on them. It was a fantastic meal with great service.

Tuesday
Epcot – for breakfast I had a cream cheese stuffed pretzel – delicious! For lunch we went to the land where I got my traditional potato stuffed with bacon and cheese. DH got some chicken and rib thing that he said was dry. Mom got lasagna and dad also got the potato. Quick, cheap and pretty tasty.
For dinner we went to Teppanyaki – very good meal and entertaining chef. DH started with some sushi that he said was good. I would definitely return here again – food was good and price was reasonable. I think most of us got the shrimp and steak combination.

Wednesday
Magic Kingdom – Cosmic Rays for lunch – I had a chicken sandwich, DH had a burger and my mom and dad had some sort of wraps and soup. Everything was good – and the topping bar was great to spice up the sandwiches. Dinner was a dole whip and then burgers at Pecos Bills – nothing special and it took forever for them to be ready.

Thursday
I had a conference on International Drive and we took some clients to Bergarmos for dinner which is an Italian restaurant where all the waiters sing show tunes. Clients loved it and food was good.

Friday
After my conference we went to Planet Hollywood for a quick dinner before Cirque De Soleil. Everything was good but the place is just too loud. Loved the chicken fingers. (which we got free from a PS coupon that AKL had given us)

Saturday
Park Hopped today – had a spicy cheese pretzel at MGM before jumping over to Epcot for a while. Went to Le Cellier for dinner and had a fantastic meal. We all got the cheese soup and the filet with mushrooms – the risotto was sooooo yummy. Absolutely terrific meal and we will definitely return here again

Sunday
Had breakfast at Bomas – really good buffet. Had a late lunch to end our vaca with hot fudge sundaes at Ghirardelli’s.

let me know if you have any questions......

Thank you for the great reviews! :)

I am definitely going to get the filet w/ mushrooms when we go to LeCellier. YUM! :)

We weren't too impressed with Artists Point but boy did they do it up right for your parents. Thanks for sharing!

For sharing your reviews,I love those Turkey Legs::yes:: :wave2:

Originally posted by Disney01
Where did you get the spicy cheese pretzel from MGM? It sounds really good?

they were at Min and Bills Dockside Diner (the ship) they had run out of the cream cheese one (which was more like a dessert) so we tried the cheese one - it was good but not as yummy as the other one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter