Where we ate and ate and ate...

sweet tooth

Earning My Ears
Breakfast:
Spoodles (x2) - Very good food and service. Had banana nut French toast, Frittata, kids pancakes, All American. Everyone was happy. Portions are pretty big and priced well. Would definitely go back!

Boardwalk Bakery - Cinnamon rolls, Breakfast sandwiches. Food was good.

Lunch:
Mostly popcorn and icecream at parks. Once to Big River Grille and Brew. Sandwiches were nothing special. Probably wouldn't go back. Also had a late lunch at Mama Melrose - everyone enjoyed this and would definitely go again.

Dinners:
Boardwalk Pizza Window - Good pizza in our opinion.

ESPN Zone - Good food, not too pricey. Would go back again.

Hoop-Dee-Doo - A lot of fun. Food was pretty good, we stuffed ourselves on the chicken and ribs. My 3 year son old fell in love for the first time with the "Flora" character. He couldn't stop talking about her and when asked what his favorite part of that day was, he replied "the girl the the black hair". My 14 year old son enjoyed it as well. I think its a good choice and enjoyable for all ages. Would definitely do this dinner show again.

Biergarten - Loved the atmosphere. My 14 year loved this food and he is the most picky eater. Would probably do this again.

LeCellier - Very good steaks and cheese soup! A definite go back.

Palio - Also very good food and would go back.

Rainforest (DT) - Poor service. Liked the variety of foods, but having tried it once probably won't be back.

Great reviews thanks for sharing. I especially loved the part about 3 yo DS falling in love for the first time----how cute!!

Thanks for the reviews. A bit more about Palio--what did you like about it?? Did the "strolling musicians" appear the nite you ate there?

RE: Palio

It would be the food that brings me back to this restaurant. The atmosphere was not as "romantic" as I had thought it would be, but that was o.k. since my husband and I decided to bring the kids at that last minute. I had a pasta dish with sundried tomatoes, broccolini and chicken in some sort of light alfredo sauce - very tasty. Hubby had a seafood pasta dish that he really liked. When we were seated the waiter brought a "taste" of wine which he poured into these chipped cups that were on the table - my cup looked like it was pulled out of an old cupboard w/dirt on the bottom and all. I guess it was to make you feel as though you were in the old country. We didn't drink it - just thought it was weird. As for the muscians, they were just walking in as we were leaving. We had 7:30 ps, but arrived at 7:00 to beat the storm and were promptly seated which was nice.

Enjoyed your reviews.

My daughter and I tried RFC at DTD once and agree about the service.

How would you describe the pizza at Boardwalk takeout...thin or thick crust, etc.. We've yet to try it.

So glad to hear you liked Biergarten. It's one of my favorites and I hate when I read negative things about it!
Haven't tried Palio's...a buddy at work did and raved about it! Nice to hear you enjoyed it, too!

The pizza at the Boardwalk was more on the thin side, crispy. It was not the greasy over-cheesey kind that falls apart when you pick it up. Too much grease makes me sick and this pizza was just fine.

Nice reviews, thank you for sharing! We like many of the same places that you do! Palio is one of my all time favorite restaurants in the world while Biergarten and ESPN have never let us down. We have yet to try Spoodles but it is on the list!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter