Where we have adventures and fun in Disneyland Paris and Paris! - Completed

Loved your report and thanks for posting it. We have just begun planning our first trip over next August so the report has great tips and info

I've got just a couple of strange DLP questions---
Is there a Dapper Dan quartet on Main Street? As a Barbershoppwr myself I always sing a song when visiting DLR or WDW

Is PPF as popular and slow loading as the US versions?

Thanks again

Thanks for reading! I'm glad it's helped in your trip planning!

Peter Pan does get a line, I know we saw it as long as 45 minutes and most of the queue was outside. We rode it during EMH since we stayed on site and then I think we used one of our club level fp on it as well. It does have fp so you can always get a paper fp for it. The attraction wasn't that different from WDW so it wasn't a must do for us but it also doesn't seem like you should go to a Disney park and not ride it if it's there.

I just finished your trip report and want to thank you for posting it. There are a lot of info that has helped me. Especially your section on Golden Forest at Disney's Sequoia. We'll be staying there this summer.

And there are posts that I can really relate...you mentioned that riding the RocknRoller coaster had you hitting your head on either side. I felt that way about the one in WDW. Not sure if I should go on the one at DLP...:scared:

And your photos are wonderful!

Thanks again! :)

I just finished your trip report and want to thank you for posting it. There are a lot of info that has helped me. Especially your section on Golden Forest at Disney's Sequoia. We'll be staying there this summer.

And there are posts that I can really relate...you mentioned that riding the RocknRoller coaster had you hitting your head on either side. I felt that way about the one in WDW. Not sure if I should go on the one at DLP...:scared:

And your photos are wonderful!

Thanks again! :)

Thanks for reading! Have fun on your trip! We really enjoyed Sequoia and our daily breakfast.

I've never had an issue on RnR at WDW and we both complained about it when it was over. We weren't sure if it was that it was different, we were that tired since we'd arrived in Paris that morning or what. If you already have issues with the one in WDW and it impacts how you enjoy the ride I would skip it. Go on BTM a ton and you won't feel the need for another coaster :D

Thanks for reading! Have fun on your trip! We really enjoyed Sequoia and our daily breakfast.

I've never had an issue on RnR at WDW and we both complained about it when it was over. We weren't sure if it was that it was different, we were that tired since we'd arrived in Paris that morning or what. If you already have issues with the one in WDW and it impacts how you enjoy the ride I would skip it. Go on BTM a ton and you won't feel the need for another coaster :D

Yes, and I looking forward to it. You mentioned BTM was a bit smoother in DLP, so I would welcome that. Although I think my daughter loves the fact that it's so bumpy.

Yes, and I looking forward to it. You mentioned BTM was a bit smoother in DLP, so I would welcome that. Although I think my daughter loves the fact that it's so bumpy.
I’d agree with this! I think Hyperspace Mountain is pretty similar to WDW RnRC. But the studios RnRC was just painful for me. Halfway thru the ride I was just grimacing and hoping it would be over! BTM and Crush’s Coaster were my favorite and were very smooth!

I’d agree with this! I think Hyperspace Mountain is pretty similar to WDW RnRC. But the studios RnRC was just painful for me. Halfway thru the ride I was just grimacing and hoping it would be over! BTM and Crush’s Coaster were my favorite and were very smooth!

Glad to hear about the BTM and Crush's Coaster. We're so excited about trying all those "new" (as DLP first timers, everything will be new to us) rides.

With regards to RocknRoller Coaster in WDW, before I can even say ouch, it's done. Honestly, I don't think I'm enjoying it at all. Last few times we were in WDW, I didn't even go on it.

Your thread is really helping me plan our trip even though it is not till next year. I've read several posts referencing Gina's TR. I've looked around for some dates close to your report or a name, but can't find it. Fan you send a link?

Thanks!!!

Your thread is really helping me plan our trip even though it is not till next year. I've read several posts referencing Gina's TR. I've looked around for some dates close to your report or a name, but can't find it. Fan you send a link?

Thanks!!!

I'm glad it's helping you plan your trip! Gina's TR are all for the Orlando area but there ends up being a lot of chatter on them :) Here's the one she's working on now, it's mostly Sea World this trip.

Hi! I discovered your tripe report yesterday as I was looking for information on Sequoia Lodge. The plan was to go to WDW this summer but didn't as we wanted to go in 2019 for Star Wars Land opening. They have now announced it won't open until the Fall. I am now considering other options. I do need a Disney fix! DLP is our nearest Disney park and I have never visited. My DD went when she was 4 with my Mum and Dad. France is on our short list for next year.

While I’ve been a long time reader of trip reports this is the first one that I’ve written and I'm sure I'll struggle with the formatting and stuff.

You're doing a great job!

I went to Primark because I’ve heard about the store but never been in one.

DD shops in it a lot. They are really reasonably priced. They do a great range of Disney and Harry Potter items.

There was a catholic church open on our way to the Pantheon that I took a peak inside. I liked the staircase though it seemed a bit random. Not sure what the random wooden staircase is for but it’s cool.

cBunBQyl.jpg

The wooden staircase will be the pulpit. The pulpit would be raised up high so that the clergy could be seen and heard. In large older churches it was often part way down the nave so that the preacher could be heard by all the congregation.

Hi! I discovered your tripe report yesterday as I was looking for information on Sequoia Lodge. The plan was to go to WDW this summer but didn't as we wanted to go in 2019 for Star Wars Land opening. They have now announced it won't open until the Fall. I am now considering other options. I do need a Disney fix! DLP is our nearest Disney park and I have never visited. My DD went when she was 4 with my Mum and Dad. France is on our short list for next year.

You're doing a great job!

DD shops in it a lot. They are really reasonably priced. They do a great range of Disney and Harry Potter items.

The wooden staircase will be the pulpit. The pulpit would be raised up high so that the clergy could be seen and heard. In large older churches it was often part way down the nave so that the preacher could be heard by all the congregation.

Thank you for the info on thr pulpit, that's so interesting.

I hope you can get a plan for DLP done! I would plan for WDW for 2020 simply because no one knows when in the fall star wars will open. Though it will open at Disneyland in CA earlier if you wanted to travel that far.

Joining in and catching up.

I loved the fact that they had the live action Beauty and the Beast included in Illuminations. I love the new songs from that movie and love the fact that some park includes it in their shows as it made for a change from the cartoon version.

You seem to have had bad experiences with food in Paris. I think maybe it could have been just where you ate though. We went to Chez Remy and Annettes and both were great. Chez Remy can be expensive but Annettes is pretty ok by theme park pricing and fab food. We also went to Hakuna Mata and Colonal Haiti's pizza outpost and both were good quick service places without having burger and chips options.

Sorry to see Moana didn't really interact with you. I had a great meet with Moana. In general I find the character meets better in DLP than WDW because they seem more hands on in Paris were in WDW they seem more reserved like one thing I notice in DLP is that a character will actually pick a child up where I've never seen that in WDW in 5 visits.

Whenever we've been to Animation Academy they've done English and French, maybe they see nationality when greeting people and do it in the language of the majority there:confused3 It might have been worth asking about an English version, we always enjoy it. They don't trace the characters either or didn't when we did it. They show you on a lit up projection screen how to draw it and then they have one already done to show you what you're going to be drawing that day. We've always found it a great place to chill while still doing something in the park

I always love the Eiffel Tower lit up at night time it's just sooo pretty :lovestruc

With the Catholic church if the wooden stairs you're talking about are the ones in the centre of your picture they lead to a platform that the priest can use to stand on to give the service I believe.

Great report :thumbsup2

Great report! I saw your link to this on one of your posts over on the *UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread and had to check it out. I'm doing the same package a month after the 20 Years event and this gave some valuable insight! I'm not sure which trip I'm looking forward to more! Now the wait...:hourglass

In general I find the character meets better in DLP than WDW because they seem more hands on in Paris were in WDW they seem more reserved like one thing I notice in DLP is that a character will actually pick a child up where I've never seen that in WDW in 5 visits.

That's probably because if the character drops the child in WDW there will be a lawsuit, in DLP they would probably blame the parents for poor judgement. :P

That's probably because if the character drops the child in WDW there will be a lawsuit, in DLP they would probably blame the parents for poor judgement. :P
The French would be right on that one! I think it’s more fun when the characters are less reserved like that!

Reading this late, followed your signature from a post on the cc thread. This is a fantastic trip report! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed this. It brought back lots of fun memories of our trip (which was shorter, with just an unplanned afternoon at DLP, but so many familiar sights in Paris and we stayed at the same hotel). Fantastic pics, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!