Where will the next new fee be...let's make a list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
Disney has so many more choices to add fees in addition to parking! Just think!

A fee to ride the monorail!

A fee for a magic band when staying on site!

A fee to have your picture taken in front of a. Cinderella's castle b. Tree of Life c. Spaceship Earth!

A fee to ride the buses to parks!

A fee for each fast pass!

A fee to visit Disney Springs!

A fee when we actually enter Disney property as we drive along World Drive. Just a big ol' bucket that says, "Drop in your wallet!"

:flower:

I think we shouldn't give them any more ideas of fees to add!! Lol!!

While this is tongue in cheek, I have 100% confidence that somewhere, in a board room, every one of these ideas has been listed. And many more. And probably many we will be seeing in the future.

They are shooting themselves in the foot with an over-confidence that they have endless access to our limited funds.

My DH has always said that he is waiting for Disney to install a gadget that will turn you upside down and shake all your change out of your pockets, as you are leaving the park. hmmmm?

Hahahaha, now this is funny!

There are just so many places we could go with this! I was thinking I could add Bob Iger's name to my checking account and just make it easier.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added a "resort fee". It is "industry standard" after all which sounds like their reasoning behind the parking fee. Heck, Swan/Dolphin charges one and it's right in their backyard. The "resort fee" will include your "magical extras" - DME, Magic Bands, EMH, charging back to the resorts, park merchandise delivery, park transportation - you know, all the stuff we now get for "free". Even if they added this fee and lowered the nightly rate slightly, they would end up ahead because they don't have to pay 10% TA commissions on "fees", thereby saving a TON of money.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added a "resort fee". It is "industry standard" after all which sounds like their reasoning behind the parking fee. Heck, Swan/Dolphin charges one and it's right in their backyard. The "resort fee" will include your "magical extras" - DME, Magic Bands, EMH, charging back to the resorts, park merchandise delivery, park transportation - you know, all the stuff we now get for "free". Even if they added this fee and lowered the nightly rate slightly, they would end up ahead because they don't have to pay 10% TA commissions on "fees", thereby saving a TON of money.

This, and also when they need to offer extreme discounts to get people into their resorts, they can still collect these fees on top of the discounted room. Or they can waive the fees and “include” them as part of a wonderful, discounted package. ;)

Resort fees...where hotels typically lower the advertised rate and make up for it with an additional (sometimes hidden) resort fee. And is usually reserved for resort hotels with higher end amenities like gyms, room service, hot tubs, etc. Think Las Vegas strip with constantly competing rates...

Again, Disney will continue calling this an industry standard, and it’s not.

I keep thinking of this antique joke:

Restaurant patron: "I'd like a glass of water."
Patron's companion: "I'd like water, too, in a clean glass."
Waiter returns with two servings of water and says, "Who ordered the clean glass?"

You know, they do have to wash the glasses. Do we really expect them to do it for free?

This thread brought out the sarcastic side of me in the worst way!!!

This from someone who a few days ago was told by a CM at Guest Relations that the WDW computers are infallible. Because I questioned the amount they'd charged me for my upgrade from a PH to an AP. Guess what? They were wrong. And I had the money refunded eventually--after I got home and called WDW Ticketing.

I hope I'm not giving anyone at Disney an idea here, but, really, they could charge the same park admission they charge now, but it would only get you into the park. After you got in, you'd have to buy a ticket book much like the old-style A, B, C, D, and E tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter