Where will the next new fee be...let's make a list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we helping them to think up more bad ideas? It may be humorous, but they could read this and implement all these new fees.

not going to happen, Disney makes way more by having free parking so people come to Disney springs to buy overpriced stuff instead of just charging $10~20 for parking and keeping most people away
I hope you're right. But by this same reasoning, they shouldn't have added an overnight parking fee for those staying at an already very expensive resort, as this new fee is leading more people to stay offsite or even consider other destinations entirely.

Why are we helping them to think up more bad ideas? It may be humorous, but they could read this and implement all these new fees.

Rest easy... the wdw co. is a mega-professional global think tank of ways to make money that our little consumer pea brains haven’t even thought of. Bob Iger isn’t reading this thread while maniacally laughing We’re just having fun with the pain.

I will say, though, over on the other parking fee thread, I'm sure seeing a lot of folks say they are now looking at off-site hotels. We are too. Even if we have to pay parking there, the overall costs, from my initial research will be hundreds. There are many, many fantastic resorts with superior offerings and I'm curious to see just what those are. It would be hard to not stay at the Grand, but there has to be a point we say no more.

Last edited:
Stayed at Wyndham Bonnet creek 1,2,3 bedrooms for more than 10 years, Hilton Bonnet creek and Waldorf since opening in 2009.

Had wonderful stays.

The presidential units at Wyndham are really nice.

Prices have gone up at these too but not as dramatic. And when you stay makes a big difference.

Rest easy... the wdw co. is a mega-professional global think tank of ways to make money that our little consumer pea brains haven’t even thought of. Bob Iger isn’t reading this thread while maniacally laughing We’re just having fun with the pain.
Thanks, I didn't think Bob Iger was reading this thread, but some of their employees might be. And I think our consumer brains are creative and have great ideas. I do appreciate the humor but I guess I'd rather use our creativity to come up with ideas that would benefit us rather than cost us even more. YMMV.

I have zero doubt that they'll soon be charging for magical express. They already charge for busses to port Canaveral to their cruise ships. And it is express after all.

Magic bands? Monetize them.

Fee to charge to your room, like credit card industry standard.

Fee to have purchases sent to your resort.

Basically anything that's a convenience and now seems free will become an extra charge while not decreasing rack rates and/or ticket prices thus double dipping in every guest's wallet.

All jokes aside, I'd like to see a paid WiFi tier, at least at the resorts. The standard resort WiFi often gets so overloaded because everyone is on it. It's almost unusable. Everybody connects to it because it's "free".

A paid tier that provides a decent enough amount of bandwidth to reliably support streaming would be welcome.

All jokes aside, I'd like to see a paid WiFi tier, at least at the resorts. The standard resort WiFi often gets so overloaded because everyone is on it. It's almost unusable. Everybody connects to it because it's "free".

A paid tier that provides a decent enough amount of bandwidth to reliably support streaming would be welcome.
I would hate to pay for that. We didn’t have any problems with our WiFi at Pop.

I would hate to pay for that. We didn’t have any problems with our WiFi at Pop.
I still have a flip phone. :-)

This, and also when they need to offer extreme discounts to get people into their resorts, they can still collect these fees on top of the discounted room. Or they can waive the fees and “include” them as part of a wonderful, discounted package. ;)

I recently benefited from a class action lawsuit against a retail shop, Justice. The lawsuit alleged that Justice misled shoppers by marking items “40% off” when this price was in reality the regular price. Justice ALWAYS had 40% off, so there was never a higher retail price. They lost over 50 Mil in the case. I didnt have to do a thing to get $120 in vouchers since they had my info from my method of payment.

This is very much sounding like Disney...they set a price, but ALWAYS have a sale/promotion.

Aside from that note.... my prediction for next new fees are:

A fee do to check in in person
A convenience fee to do check in online
Automatic 18% gratuity to the gate guard to bill the parking fee
Fast Pass fee for the monorail
Transaction fees for purchases
FL Alligator Rescue Fund
Fee for character photos with upcharge for autographs

I am surprised they haven’t created a Partial Savanna View category at AKL. Soooo many people post on the AKL thread asking how they go about requesting a partial view, so I wonder if it is just a matter of time before Disney takes advantage of that. Obviously it wouldn’t cost as much as the full savanna view, but they could definitely charge more than a standard with a parking lot view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter