Where Will You Vacation In 2021?

Where do I find the option to book parks?
since I'm currently on my phone I'll show you how you can do it
today I seem to be landing on this page when I open the app Screenshot_20201018-133851_Disney World.jpg
choosing Make a park reservation takes me to the Disney website and the screen is identical to what you saw when making FP+ , pick your party, choose park and then date. Choosing learn more takes you to the section of the app that tells you alllll about the new rules e.t.c.
if you click on the plus at the bottom middle of the home page you'll get the choice to add all kinds of things to your account
Screenshot_20201018-134530_Disney World.jpg
Screenshot_20201018-134754_Disney World.jpg
choose buy tickets and passes and you'll land on the page to buy tickets and when you choose either you'll see this info pop up , best option for seeing everything you'll need IMHO
oddly i can't take a screenshot of that, " for security reasons " 🤷‍♀️ but you'll see a warning about making sure there's availability before you buy tickets and there's a button to see the entire calendar and you can select for either ticket holders or resort reservation holders

We were supposed to go to Paris in April and then moved it to end of September with Disney as a backup plan and I had a solo trip booked for November for my birthday but all were cancelled. I could’ve done Disney since I work from home but my DH can’t quarantine. So we are doing our anniversary trip to Disney September 2021 and I will be doing a solo trip in April. We were going to do Paris but decided to wait till 2022, the DH doesn’t want to do it wearing masks and social distancing if he doesn’t have to.

We were supposed to go to Paris in April and then moved it to end of September with Disney as a backup plan and I had a solo trip booked for November for my birthday but all were cancelled. I could’ve done Disney since I work from home but my DH can’t quarantine. So we are doing our anniversary trip to Disney September 2021 and I will be doing a solo trip in April. We were going to do Paris but decided to wait till 2022, the DH doesn’t want to do it wearing masks and social distancing if he doesn’t have to.

We cancelled Scotland for the same reason. As desperate as we are to go, we havent waited this long to go and wear masks in front of the ancient castles. We'll wait a few more years til things settle down.

That's great news and will help many. For me til they change my works policy of traveling right now item does little for me. To add on to that it's for international travelers right now. Not for Canadians coming back into the country.

Nope, for Canadians too. Article has been updated:

"It will, notably, be available to Canadian citizens returning to Canada through the province of Alberta."

Nope, for Canadians too. Article has been updated:

https://news.paxeditions.com/news/b...tory-quarantine-rapid-testing-airports-report
"It will, notably, be available to Canadian citizens returning to Canada through the province of Alberta."
That's really good for those that travel. I just need my work to drop the mandatory quarantine for leaving the country. That's my only concern is that more companies won't drop the quarantine mandate anytime soon.

That's really good for those that travel. I just need my work to drop the mandatory quarantine for leaving the country. That's my only concern is that more companies won't drop the quarantine mandate anytime soon.

Yea, I guess if you can't work from home, it won't benefit you.

This method does not make sense to me after reading the article. Did anyone happen to see this part? (bolded quoted below) Currently people are being told to quarantine for 14 days because the virus can show up at any point. You can be contagious and spread it without knowing, before symptoms show.

So with this new test, they are acknowledging the fact the virus could still develop and saying travellers need to be tested AGAIN at days 6 and 7 but allowing them to leave quarantine after 48 hours anyways? Am I missing something?

“Once a test comes back negative, [travellers] will be allowed to leave quarantine, provided they get another test at days six and seven because the virus can take time to develop and become detectable,” said Kenney, who is currently in self-isolation at his home in Edmonton after one of his ministers tested positive for COVID-19 a day earlier.

Also, does this rule trump any laws the individual provinces have for quarantines? I can’t imagine NS ditching the quarantine to outside the bubble.

We spent this summer travelling back and forth to a cottage in the Muskokas that a friend rented to us at a low rate. My guess is that is what we will do next year when the resort reopens again.

We bought our first Annual Passes to celebrate our 20th anniversary this year and got to use them twice. Waiting on our refund now. I was hoping to postpone our Year of Disney to next year but my guess is it will be at least 2022 before that can happen.

Still the Muskokas are stunningly beautiful and we have loved every one of the 6 (or 7?) trips we took there over the summer and fall. I could easily spend a ton of time doing more extensive explorations of Ontario. Sooo much I haven't seen / want to revisit. But during COVID-19 days, being mostly isolated in a cottage makes more sense than bouncing around.

This method does not make sense to me after reading the article. Did anyone happen to see this part? (bolded quoted below) Currently people are being told to quarantine for 14 days because the virus can show up at any point. You can be contagious and spread it without knowing, before symptoms show.

So with this new test, they are acknowledging the fact the virus could still develop and saying travellers need to be tested AGAIN at days 6 and 7 but allowing them to leave quarantine after 48 hours anyways? Am I missing something?

“Once a test comes back negative, [travellers] will be allowed to leave quarantine, provided they get another test at days six and seven because the virus can take time to develop and become detectable,” said Kenney, who is currently in self-isolation at his home in Edmonton after one of his ministers tested positive for COVID-19 a day earlier.
I believe it also says that between your test on day 2 and your retest on day 6 or 7 you would check in daily and use all the current health measures in place ( mask wearing , socially distancing etc) to avoid potential spread . Which is what we are do now anyway. Ostensibly in this case it would allow for quick detection and contract tracing.

Also, does this rule trump any laws the individual provinces have for quarantines? I can’t imagine NS ditching the quarantine to outside the bubble.
It doesn’t change anything even in Alberta where the pilot is happening. It’s still 14 days for anyone who isn’t a participant of the pilot . My husband and I were discussing the legalities of a potential project like this . For example for his workplace he’s not allowed to enter the states period .. well he can but then he doesn‘t qualify for paid sick time etc . So I think orders like those will remain in place until provincial mandates change.

And then that spun off into a discussion about when the recommendations change eventually . Will individual businesses have to change their policies back ? Or could they arbitrarily keep restrictions in place ? Can they set their own travel rules and quarantine times even if our government is easing out of them ? I have no idea . Interesting stuff to think about.

I believe it also says that between your test on day 2 and your retest on day 6 or 7 you would check in daily and use all the current health measures in place ( mask wearing , socially distancing etc) to avoid potential spread . Which is what we are do now anyway. Ostensibly in this case it would allow for quick detection and contract tracing.

The daily check-in is also required of the current 14 day Q according to Canada.ca's "For travellers without symptoms of Covid-19 returning to Canada". Nothing is different between the two programs except this new pilot one allows people to leave the house within 48 hrs after a negative test. If the day 6 or 7 test shows they did develop Covid, then they have to isolate.

Hmm.. except perhaps the "participants will have to stay in Alberta for the first 14 days until their quarantine period is over." (The news article bolded that, not me). Interesting how they still call it a quarantine there lol. I imagine if it rolls out to other provinces that people would have to stay in the province they landed in for 14 days then. That could make a difference. I'm not sure how many people would fly into one province and want to immediately travel to another but it looks like they wouldn't be allowed to even with the 1st or 2nd negative test.

I think that they are likely trying to dissuade travelers from utilizing this airport in the interim. If this is going on at YHZ and that is my home airport, of course I will be staying here for 14 days, no problem.

WDW I hope, if not Universal Florida, and if not that, I don't know, maybe a sun vacation somewhere, Cuba perhaps?

If the world is still discombobulated, I'm thinking Newfoundland as long as they open their bubble.

I dont think we will be opening our bubble as long as cases are spiking around the country. (I hope not anyway).

But i am keeping my fingers crossed that it will soon be safe to travel to Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter