• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Yacht Club

• Beach Club

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

txsoccermom

DIS Veteran
We are planning another trip (stayed at WL May 2003 and May 2006) with our kids, DD who will be celebrating her 8th bday and DS who will be 5. Have reservations on hold for the buy 4/get 3 free at POR, AKL, YC, and BC. Had 1 at CBR for the pirate room, but cancelled b/c of some of the reviews I've read on other websites. Cancelled the res @ WL b/c DH didn't want to go there again - wanted to try something new!

Me, I feel the same way as another poster, that once you try deluxe it's hard to look back! It was nice @ WL the last time too, b/c we had the bunk beds and the kids got a great nite sleep. We used the pool there about 3 different days, and we even had a rainy day so it was nice to be at a place with kids' activities and where we could stay inside and still do so much.

I'm really confused about where to stay this time! Here are my thoughts on the different places.....POR (seems small, doesn't offer as much as the deluxe, DH wants to stay there b/c he's from New Orleans area and it's a cheaper place than deluxe), AKL (far out from the parks, booking a std rm in hopes of getting upgraded to savannah, but that's not guaranteed and that would be the only reason I think to stay there, about $500 more than POR), YC and BC (rooms seem more spacious than POR and more to do around there at nite, great pool, walk to Epcot, about $900 more for the week than POR). Does anyone know if these resorts have gone thru a "full-blown" renovation lately, with new furniture and tvs instead of just new paint and bedding?

Pls help - would love to know all the info you can provide! Thanks

Out of all of those, I vote for the Beach Club. If you want to pay the extra $, it will be worth it. Your kids will love the pool, and Beaches and Cream is the best! It's in the best location, also. I'm pretty sure they had the rooms rehabed not to long ago.

Out of the ones you listed, I too voted for BC. That is one of the resorts that my whole family wants to try in the near future. The other resort is the Poly. The pool is very appealing to all of us, we love the fact that it has a water park exclusive to those staying at the resort, plus we love the fact that you are in walking distance to Epcot (one of our favorite parks)....of course there is Beaches and Cream...YUMMY :goodvibes

I'd probably vote BC too. My girls (2 and 6) loved that place. They were big fans of the Port Orleans boat to Downtown Disney too though and the food court at French Quarter is pretty nice too.

I voted for BC too. The rooms have just been finished and redone, and everything looks fresh and new. The kids will also love the pool! I wouldn't take the chance on AKL if you aren't going to be happy without the Savannah View because everyone keeps saying on the boards that upgrades are rare...so you may be disappointed in the end.

Thanks for the inputs! I'm leaning towards the BC too....just the thought of extra $$ when the economy is the way it is though is scary. However, to have a good sleep every nite, that's priceless :goodvibes

We've taken our DDs to WDW 3 times and twice stayed at the Polynesian (the other time was GF). They really loved the Polynesian - the pool, the monorail, and the ability to sit on the beach every night (if they wanted) and watch the fireworks (with sound). I know it's not on your list but if the MK is where they want to visit the most it sometimes makes sense to stay at a monorail resort. An added bonus is being able to walk to the TTC. Also when leaving a park with bus service you can catch either the bus to TTC or the Polynesian bus. Just something to think about...

I voted for BC. I think of the choices listed this resort is, probably, most fun for kids and a birthday celebration will make it even better. The BC has a great pool (one of the best on property), easy access to EPCOT and HS, fun activities and the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe.

Have Fun :goodvibes

:) I voted for AKL. You can still get bunkbeds if you want, and in my opinion the pools are better for younger children. We have stayed at both and I prefer the AKL.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter