Where's a good non-buffet breakfast?

luv-2-travel

Mouseketeer
I know there's lots of breakfast buffets in WDW but what are your best suggestions for a non-buffet breakfast? Some mornings we may just want a bagel or muffin, etc. especially if we've booked a buffet dinner for the same day!

Can't really come up with too many places...need some help! :rolleyes:

DW and I enjoy the Tusker house at AK. We love a cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee. They have other bakery goods also. We get a fast pass at the safari, then breakfast. They have a nice courtyard to sit in or you can eat inside.

We ate a real nice breakfast at the Yachtsman in May - it'll be the same breakfast that is now being served in the Yacht Club Gallery (it was closed when we were there).

I also really like the cinnamon rolls you get at the bakery on Main Street in MK.

Spoodle's on the Boardwalk has wonderful coffee and nice breakfast selections.

Kona Cafe has the famous Tonga Toast and Big Kahuna breakfast choices among their menu selections.

Beaches and Cream has light breakfast selections.

The food courts at the resorts that feature these usually have pretty extensive breakfast selections, too!

Have fun!

We had an excellent breakfast at Olivia's at Old Key West. We have also had a very good lighter breakfast at the cafe in the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot.

Kona Cafe and Spoodles are our favorites. Kona Cafe for the Tonga Toast and Eggs Benedict. Spoodles for the all-you-can-eat, served at your table, Mediterranean Breakfast!

If we want something a little lighter before heading out to the parks, we hit the Boardwalk Bakery. In addition to the wonderful bakery items, they have a breakfast burrito (eggs, sausage & cheese rolled in a tortilla) that's very big and very good and it's only around $4.00.

The Kona Cafe is wonderful. We also enjoy eating a croissant or muffin with coffee outside on the Boardwalk. Another option is the Fountain Cafe in Epcot-- they have chocolate criossants!

On property Boatwright's serves a good breakfast (the buffet NOT) but we often go over to the Crossroads for Perkin's for breakfast for about half the price and more choices. Bomba's breakfast (buffet) looks interesting and since we enjoy the dinner we might try that on our next trip.

Hope you have a great time on your trip.

Slightly Goofy

We thought Olivia's at OKW was great as was Kona's Cafe at the Polynesian. Boatwrights is also supposed to have a great breakfast- we are going to try it this year.

I second the Boardwalk bakery - big huge sticky buns, muffins, eclairs, donuts, pastries, bagels, etc.

There is a place in Epcot - the Fountainview Cafe - I think it's on the right side Innoventions area if you're looking at it with Spaceship Earth behind you. They have good continental breakfast and will even toast your bagel for you.

I also like the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom on the right side as you walk towards the castle - if you're the first one in the place after they open the gates, you can get in and out pretty quickly and still be one of the first in line at any Fantasyland attraction.

We have had many good breakfasts (& lunches & dinners :) ) at Olivia's at Old Key West. We find the prices at Olivia's to be reasonable & the service is very good!

The breakfasts there are vast and yummy. And expensive. (It's hard to get out of there for less than $10 for eggs and coffee...)

Other great non-buffet choices: the Wilderness Lodge's Whispering Canyon, with its sizzling skillets of food...or, my personal favorite, the Bakery on Main Streeet in the MK. Those cinnamon buns the size of BRICKS are always amazing :p

Great suggestions, everyone! I am compling a list from all that has been recommended. All the ideas sound good and wish we had the time to try every one!

Keep 'em coming!

Also at MGM their is Starring Roll Bakery. We went their last trip for a quick bite just after getting into the park. Lots of items to choose from and we had quite a variety between us. I had a pecan roll...awesome, and the sugar high kept me going for a while too!:p

Although our must have breakfast every trip is Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast. Cannot wait to dig into that again.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm not usually a fan of eggs, but the breakfast pizza at the POR food court was the best breakfast dish I've ever had

I will have to put my vote in for either Kona Cafe or Grand Floridian Cafe. Our other 2 favorites no longer serve breakfast, ( unless you count the temporary Character meal) and they were Tony's and Artist's Point. We also liked the new Storybook Princess Breakfast in Norway. The eggs were too hard, but if you request, they will special cook them for you!

I've noticed some places keep getting mentioned. Especially Kona Cafe. Can't believe I haven't tried that one....unless, was it formerly known as the Coral Isle Cafe?

Anyone know? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter