• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where's Aurora?

KevinM

Shows Up Every 2 Months Or So
Sleeping Beauty is my 4 year-old DD's absolute favorite princess (she knows every line from the movie). When we were at DW in Dec. '03 we saw her at the Princess Breakfast in Epcot but couldn't find her the rest of the week! Every time we turned around we were running into Cinderella, Belle, and Snow White!

Has anyone else noticed this or were we just in the wrong place at the wrong time all week? (We were very unorganized last year and kind of bounced from place to place).

Is summer over yet?

My DD6 loves Sleeping Beauty as well. We couldn't find her in the park either on our last trip. We also saw Cinderella twice and Snow White once, but no Aurora.

We always see her at the entrance of World Showcase (from the Epcot resorts)... I think it's called the International Gateway :confused:

The amazing thing about DW is the CM communication! We where sitting in the Pinnochio restaurant next to small world wondering how to find Aurora. A CM who was sweeping the floor overheard us and asked us to wait and she would find out. She came back 2 minutes later saying that Aurora was going to be at the International Gateway and gave us the time.

We got to the International Gateway a few minutes before she was scheduled to be there, and my DD3 got about 5 minutes by herself with Aurora. There was NOBODY else there to see her yet.

Now we always will ask a CM about the characters. All of them are capable of finding out where they are in a matter of minutes. It's quite impressive...

We just got back sunday and saw Aurora at EpCOT. we were in France and I hapened to just look in the back of the garden for Beauty and the Beast at about 2:00 and she was just standing there by herself. My DD got extra time with her. And she remembered my DD from the Norway princess breakfast we had done that morning. Too cool.

DD met Aurora, Mulan and Snow White last summer in a kiosk inside Innoventions West Side, but I believe this was a seasonal opportunity.

I've seen her at Town Square at MK and International Gateway at EPCOT on my last trip. Like Rodrigo, I also saw her at Innoventions West as well last Summer. She, Snow White and Mulan were in there since it was too hot outside for them in their gowns. I've also seen photos of her lately in France so I don't know where she'll be now. Definatly ask someone at a gift shop (not the tip board at EPCOT, I know from experience) to call and find out where she will be. At MK I usually see her in the morning while at EPCOT, she's usually out in the afternoon.

That was pretty funny.. I thought this thread was looking for me.. LMAO.. Even though it is spelled differently... I use this name on my site that I run, and everyone adds the U thinking that I misspelled my name on accident.... Which I didn't... LOL.. I have been using the name Aroura online for almost 7 years now, and do you know that I only found out last year that Auroura was sleeping beauty's name... LOL.. But yes... This thread is NOT looking for me... LMAO:p

We spotted Aurora on Town Square at park opening a few weeks ago. We rushed to the line but the CM had already cut it off. DD was crushed! Later in the day we were in the judges tent at Mickey's Toontown Fair waiting in the Princess line and the CM there told us that Aurora JUST came in. HOORAY!

Here is the pix! Thanks for letting me share!

55948002.jpg

MCMom

We saw her at toon fair. She was in with Cinderella. A CM told us that if any of the regular characters on the board have to take an unschelduled break that a surprise guest shows up and she was one of them. You also want to check the boards out front of the lines because if it hads a stciker that says mystery guest it could be anybody.:Pinkbounc That is how we got Rabbit from Pooh last week!:bounce:

We saw her in Oct. 2001 at the Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast in the castle.

However, she was *gasp* OLD! LOL! Well, old for Aurora who was just sixteen - maybe we got the Aurora who had been waiting all those years for the prince to awaken her. ;)

We couldn't believe it! We wondered if the 'regular' girl was unavailable. It didn't bother us - just didn't seem to fit the mental picture we all have in mind of the fairy tales.

We figured she was either in her 40's or in her 30's but having lived out in the Florida sun all her life. (Can you say botox?)

Of course, depending on the child they may not even notice. I was hoping there weren't any really observant little ones who didn't have a filter on what they say...I can just imagine..."but mommy - why is Sleeping Beauty so OLD?' Lol!

And, there isn't a guarantee Aurora would be at the breakfast if you go. Pretty much only Cinderella is a for sure and whichever other heroines are available.

Rhonna

Originally posted by daisylove
We just got back sunday and saw Aurora at EpCOT. we were in France and I hapened to just look in the back of the garden for Beauty and the Beast at about 2:00 and she was just standing there by herself. My DD got extra time with her. And she remembered my DD from the Norway princess breakfast we had done that morning. Too cool.
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
We met her here as well, 1st week in June 2004.

Snow White and Aurora often make joint appearances at the now unused Skyway platform in Fantasyland, which looks like a Swiss Chalet. If you walk from Small World to Liberty Square, it's about the last thing on your right as you leave Fantasyland. Or another way to think about it is it's across the sidewalk from the bathrooms behind Peter Pan. We've seen the gals there more than once, so be sure to ask a nearby CM to find out for you if and when they'll be making an appearance.

We had lunch at Cinderella's Table on 6/18/04 at 12:30 pm and Aurora, Cinderella and Fairy Godmother were on the lst floor near the elevators. I'm not sure if that was a regular occurence or not, but we were able to take some photos and they were all extremely nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter