Where's "Mr. Tom Morrow..?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring". When I was at WDW last month, on TTC, I didn't hear it. And that's one of those little things I've always loved at MK. I'm hoping it was on the same "loop" as the description of CoP and will only play when CoP is open (which it wasn't in November when I was there). Someone please tell me they've heard it and it's not gone forever!

I hope it's not gone for good.....that was definitely a "magical moment" for me.

DH & I went on the TTC several times last trip when we needed a break and it made me smile every time I heard it!

Hey! We were just at MK on Dec 22nd and guess what? WE HEARD IT!!!! We were waiting to get into COP!
Yep! It's still there!
Lisajl

We were there in August and it wsan't playing, we were worried as well. Then about 2 weeks ago it was playing and I don't think Time Keeper was open, though it might of been and we just didn't notice.

This is a favorite saying of a friend of mine. I noticed in May that it wasn't being played. However, when we rode it at the beginning of December, it was played.

Just got back last night and it is there! Kept hearing it over and over in Tomorrowland and COP was open!!

We were there last August and we didnt hear it. My hubby was so upset! We rode it 3 times and just didnt hear it. Might of been tech. difficulties. :(

We were there in October and it just was not the same without it. Hope Tom is back in 3 days!
Faith, trust, and pixie dust to all!

I heard it when I rode TTA on Dec 19, Carousel of Progress was not open at that time. I always listen for him to be paged also.

I think that it depends on if Timekeeper is running at the time. If I'm not mistaken, Tom Morrow is the robot that hosts Timekeeper, and since Disney has to make sure every detail is perfect, they turn that part off when the attraction is closed.

We heard it Dec. 6, and I believe Timekeeper was closed, as was COP (of course, I could be wrong!)

Beth

Originally posted by Kermit
I think that it depends on if Timekeeper is running at the time. If I'm not mistaken, Tom Morrow is the robot that hosts Timekeeper, and since Disney has to make sure every detail is perfect, they turn that part off when the attraction is closed.

It's been a long time since Disney has really tried to make everything perfect. We ride TTA multiple times every visit and we've heard no soundtrack, partial soundtrack and full soundtrack, sometimes all 3 on the same day! I'm sure there's no one checking it daily and modifying it based on what attractions are open. More likely, it's another example of shoddy maintenance. Maybe a CM has to pound the box with their fist to get it to play (remember Fonzie on Happy Days?).

TTA is one of those rides that you either love or hate! My four year old loved it so much we rode it four times and on our last night, he insisted that it be the last ride that we rode!

He still walks around the house saying...

"Now approaching.... (Mickey's Star Traders)..."

Originally posted by Kermit
I think that it depends on if Timekeeper is running at the time. If I'm not mistaken, Tom Morrow is the robot that hosts Timekeeper

I believe Mr. Tom Morrow has been around for MANY years before Timekeeper. I seem to remember it playing in the early 70's, however my memory isn't what it was in the 70's......

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!