Which 2 would you pick?

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
In our 1st week of December trip, we're in Hollywood Studios for 2 days. I have a fastpass for Slinky Dog. Which one of the following three Tier 1 rides would you also select - Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror or Rock & Roller Coaster?

Our 2 rope-drop mornings at the Studios are all for Galaxy's Edge.

We're there once at night, but that's for Fantasmic and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. So the "get in line right before the park closes" strategy isn't really an option for us. Thanks!

Tower of Terror -- a favorite of mine! I like the other two rides too, but they aren't must dos and I'd just do them if lines are reasonably short.

I probably should have given more clarifying info. It's been 5 years since we've been. We probably won't be back for another 6 - 8 years. Each of those 3 attractions are ones that we really like.

We'd pick Toy Story Mania. It's a family favorite here. I don't know if things will change when EEMH ends or after RotR opens, but so far since the tiers changed to the current options I've read that ToT has been available as a same day FP.

Tower of Terror -- a favorite of mine! I like the other two rides too, but they aren't must dos and I'd just do them if lines are reasonably short.
We are with you! Tower of Terror is a must for us, it is one of my hubby’s favorite rides in all of WDW.
We both enjoy TSMM and Rock n Roller, but we could skip them.

In our 1st week of December trip, we're in Hollywood Studios for 2 days. I have a fastpass for Slinky Dog. Which one of the following three Tier 1 rides would you also select - Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror or Rock & Roller Coaster?

Our 2 rope-drop mornings at the Studios are all for Galaxy's Edge.

We're there once at night, but that's for Fantasmic and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. So the "get in line right before the park closes" strategy isn't really an option for us. Thanks!
Why can't you do all of them?

I found TSMM as a same day FP on our trip in July.

The other 2 are so tough bc I love them both. But I think I would choose RNRC.

Earlier this week all three were available as same-day FPs. Maybe it would be similar in early December; I'll let the experts weigh in. However we rode TSMM 5 times in three days, all with same day FPs. Did ToT twice the same way. Could have gotten RnRC, but it is not exactly my wife's favorite ride so we skipped it. I was very pleased with FP availability at DHS

FP picking...so fun! Yes, always check in for more same day FP's after you tap in on your 3rd. Sometimes I pick FP not based on my Fav ride but on which one I'm willing to wait in line for the least. Sometimes which has the worst line experience.

So, TSM is WAY better now that more tracks have opened since you were there last and the line is indoors & a bit more fun than the other two.

RNR has the single rider line if no FP's come available. You can wait in line together your whole wait time, if you're willing to separate for 55 seconds of ride time.

I guess that leaves TOT to get a FP for. Long lines are outside, not interactive, & no SRL is available.

Like the OP, I love all 3 & would definitely do them all too.

Well, I would have gotten SDD for both HS days. But I would guess if your trip is 1st week of December, it's too late to get SDD for your 2nd day. Did you not get any FPs for your 2nd HS day yet? You say you already got one SDD so your FP day must have already come and gone. Anywho... If it is actually too late to get SDD for both, I would do RnRC. We were in WDW in September and it was not hard at all to get ToT and TSM 4th+ FPs RnRC was harder though not impossible.

Tower of Terror, definitely! Love that ride! TSMM is great too, but easier to wait in line for and probably easier to gat a same day FP. RnRC is ok, but last on our list of those three.

My family would probably do RRC, because it's DS's and DH's favorite, and always a must-do at DHS. (We do single-rider at EE in AK, but sometimes find the single-rider line at RRC is almost as long as the regular one.)

Tower of Terror is a ride with no weakness from start to finish. It's one of Disneys greatest achievements. That being said, it typically is a shorter line than the other 2. I'd lean toy story and then rope drop RNR and TOT

Why can't you do all of them?
Hopefully we can. My post was about Tier 1 fast passes, which limit our "guarantees." We'll TRY to do all of them, but with the crowds and the fast pass system, I'm preparing my family that we may not get to do every attraction.

Tower of Terror is a ride with no weakness from start to finish. It's one of Disneys greatest achievements. That being said, it typically is a shorter line than the other 2. I'd lean toy story and then rope drop RNR and TOT
Thanks! My plan for our 2 rope-drop mornings at Hollywood Studios is Smuggler's Run on Dec. 3 and Rise of the Resistance on Dec. 5. If we don't ride those on this trip, it'll be 2025 or 2027 before we EVER ride them. I don't think I want to wait THAT long.

Well, I would have gotten SDD for both HS days. But I would guess if your trip is 1st week of December, it's too late to get SDD for your 2nd day. Did you not get any FPs for your 2nd HS day yet? You say you already got one SDD so your FP day must have already come and gone. Anywho... If it is actually too late to get SDD for both, I would do RnRC. We were in WDW in September and it was not hard at all to get ToT and TSM 4th+ FPs RnRC was harder though not impossible.
Thanks! Slinky Dog was not available on both Hollywood Studios days. My 1st day fast passes are Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast and Slinky Dog. The earliest I could get Slinky Dog was 6:05pm. My 2nd day fast passes are Tower of Terror, Little Mermaid and Muppets. I made the decision not to turn our trip planning upside down just to get certain fast passes. We have a Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour and a Candlelight Processional dinner package, which are HUGE to us since we've never seen either.

Hopefully we can. My post was about Tier 1 fast passes, which limit our "guarantees." We'll TRY to do all of them, but with the crowds and the fast pass system, I'm preparing my family that we may not get to do every attraction.
I can only get one Tier 1 fast pass per day. That's a total of 2 for us.
You can rope drop and standby these rides, i mean you'll wait some time but all if it is doable in one day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter