• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which 3D movie for parents? Brave? Tangled? or ___?

wishing4PA

Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or
My parents are not hugely into movie watching, but they do enjoy their 6 month old 3D TV.

So far they have enjoyed Hugo and Up! on it, as well as The Sound of Music. I'm not sure who bought Up!, but Hugo and TSoM were both gifts.

Mom mentioned last night that she is thinking of getting another Disney (?) movie but isn't sure what to look for. They have other movies, but they really want another 3D.

She said Dad thought Up! was too sad. I think it is an awesome movie, and yes, I cry every time.

She really doesn't like violence in movies. I think she can handle the level of violence in Brave or Tangled, but much more than that and she'll not enjoy it at all.

I mentioned both of the above, and said between the two, I think Brave would be the better choice (better overall story, mainly), but the lake/lantern scene in Tangled is wonderful for 3D.

Your thoughts? Anything else you would recommend? They are both in their seventies. Dad is into history. Mom really isn't so much. Comedic elements are a plus. And yeah, the no violence thing. Rated G or PG preferably, but they are adults so it doesn't have to be, as long as the violence and crudeness levels are low. It doesn't have to be animated, or even Disney. Just good.

Thanks in advance!

How about finding Nemo? It was converted to 3d, has little violence and is funny.

I have seen a few movies in 3d but so far nothing that has made me think wow I'm really happy I have a 3d TV.

Finding Nemo is a good idea. I'll mention it! Mom certainly hasn't seen it recently, since when we were playing 20 questions last week one of the answers was "clownfish", and she said that was a rather unusual fish to have selected.
But it's not unusual at all in my (Disney) world, Mom! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter