Which Bluetooth earbuds do you wear while running?

FelisLachesis

DIS Veteran
I'm in the market for a pair of earbuds while running, and I'd love to get the Disney heartbeat on what everyone here wears while running?

I've looked online at all the reviews, and now I'm even more confused than when I started looking. I have a great pair of wired buds, but that company no longer makes music-inclined audio devices, anymore; they moved to hearing aids.

Price isn't to terribly much of a concern, but I don't want to spend $300 when a $100 pair is just as good.

Thanks!

I have a pair of wired Bose Soundsport buds. Wireless were just a bit too expensive. They are sooo comfy, hardly know they are there (I've gone to scratch my ear more than once). They hold in place really well and there is a clip to attach to you too that also helps keep them in place.

One of the things I like, especially while running, is the don't block outside noise so I don't feel isolated running with them. Especially useful with cars etc around.

Sometimes I think wireless would be better but then it is something else to remember to charg, plus a little easier to lose...

I've been pretty happy with a pair of Jaybird X2. I found that many of the more economical bluetooth sets would cut out quite frequently during a run. These seem to keep playing pretty stably. They also came with six different sets of buds and 3 different sets of earhooks so that you could find a size combo that kept them in really well. It took a few attempts to get the right combination, but I've used them for about six months now and I'm quite satisfied with them.

Caveat - they've been discontinued/replaced with the Jaybird X3. I believe that replacement should be even better.

Not technically earbuds, but I use the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium bone conducting bluetooth headphones. They sit just in front of your ears and leave them open. I like them both from the safety standpoint of being able to hear your surroundings and traffic and the comfort standpoint of my ears staying cooler.

I have the Jaybird Bluebud X's - so they are a version or two old. I actually don't run much with music/podcasts anymore unless I'm running at the Y - around the track. I normally run with a group and we talk through a lot of our miles, which got me to go without the earbuds. But when I did use these more, they worked great, and I loved them. They are probably 2 years old and still work really well.

I love my jaybird X2s. they come with 3 different size tips and wings, and 2 different style tips (foam and rubber?). Once you get the right fit they are great, i hardly notice they are even there.

I started with the Jaybird x2s but I could never get a good fit even with the foam tips they come with. The jaybirds have a very large earpost so you are very limited on replacement tips. I now have the Plantronics Backbeat Fit and could not be happier. These are not isolation buds like the x2s but I prefer that. These are completely stable during my runs and the battery lasts the full 8 hours before needing a recharge.

Powerbeats3. I wanted the Plantronics to work for my but they were too big for my ears and would hurt when I got them in. I ended up giving them a good cleaning and passing them on to Mr. Ariel484 (who likes them a lot).

For me it was a toss up between Platronics BackBeat Fit and Aftershokz Trekz. Ended up with Plantronics with a good deal from Costco. I've had them for six months and never had an issue. Great battery life. At first I was not sure about the fit, but it worked out. I use them when I'm at the lifting weights or outside running.

Thank you for all the great responses! I found someone selling some open box Jaybird X3s on ebay for $100, so I jumped on a set. That seems to be a really good price for that pair of earbuds.

I use a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit - got a good deal on them online last year (think equivalent of about US$60 if I don't remember wrongly for possibly an older model) and so far they've lasted me a year...

In case others are still looking for ideas: In cold weather I run with a pair of Cheatah MPows. They were like 25 bucks on Amazon and the first wireless pair I bought. I later received Jaybird X2s as a gift- they worked GREAT -once I realized the right wing size for me and stopped using the foam ear tips and went with the silicone. I wear these for most of the year. But in weather cold enough to require a headband over my ears and a hat- the X2s don't stay in place - the pressure on the outside of the earbud pulls them out- even with the wings. The Mpows don't have this problem because of how they are joined. For super cheap wireless they have held up great and sound fine- Jaybird sound is much better- but when I'm running I don't really notice the difference in quality.

Not technically earbuds, but I use the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium bone conducting bluetooth headphones. They sit just in front of your ears and leave them open. I like them both from the safety standpoint of being able to hear your surroundings and traffic and the comfort standpoint of my ears staying cooler.

I use these as well and I love them! The buds always seem to hurt my ears after about 20 minutes so they are out for a half. These are comfortable and the bone conduction allows me to hear my music and be aware of my surroundings. I got them for about $120 at Brookstone. As far as battery life, I used them on a 13 hour flight so you know its good to go!

Love my jaybird x3's! I think you made a good choice! ;) My son also had a pair and for some reason they stopped charging. We contacted Jaybird and they sent us a new pair. Quick and easy. No issues at all since and we have both had them since December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter