Which car are you in? >>>Revisited<<<

PulsarIII

Mouseketeer
WDW Carpools Defined:

Car # 1. Generally believe that your recent vacations were able to produce the “Magic” with the same consistency as throughout your WDW’s past.

Car # 2. Generally believe that your recent vacations were not able to produce the “Magic” with the same consistency as throughout your WDW's past, but there is a personal belief that Disney will change and soon regain that consistency.

Car # 3. Generally believe that your recent vacations were not able to produce the “Magic” with the same consistency as throughout your WDW's past, and there is a personal belief that Disney is unlikely to change and regain that consistency.

Car # 4. Generally believe that your WDW vacations were not outstanding and another resort’s theme park(s) will likely produce a vacation experience comparable to WDW.

Car # 0. (i.e. Other) How do you really feel about WDW? (Be nice)

Note – As in the past; any similarities these carpools have with a post by Sarangel are entirely on purpose. No need to mess (too much) with perfection.

G’day
I I I

It has been a few years and seems to me that the time has come to put the cars back up for discussion. Lots of changes over the years that could have some DISers changing cars and newer DISers probably would like to ponder on which car represents their Car#.

Like most WDW visitors I started out being blown away with the parks (For me it was MK & EP). The detail of Main Street USA’s look, feel & smell just pulled me in, then when I got over towards the center on main street there it was: The Castle and the story was just beginning (Car 1).

Then after few more visits my rose-colored glasses had gotten a little bit scratched and bent (Car 2).

Another bunch of visits later and I guess my rose-colored glasses got lost in the jumble of changes (some good & some not so good). Some lands and attractions go away, some new lands and attractions show up but (tell self) that’s part of the theme park business. The new lands in MK, AK and DHS are great but the only one that can be fully enjoyed often is the New Fantasy Land. In the rearview mirror of Car 2 it looks like Car 3 is getting close.

The current concept of minor & major cutbacks seem to be rampant compared to years back and with no night time parade in the Magic Kingdom for years... CAR 3.

G’day

Interesting partition of categories/cars. We found that we have switched cars somewhat given some recent experiences.

Case and point, about a year ago we stayed at the FW cabins for 4 days and really enjoyed it. I was never fond of camping or anything associated with "roughing it". I traveled extensively during my career and was mostly accustomed to staying at 4 star or higher hotels (depending on if the President of our company was traveling with me). So I wanted to confirm my experience at FW and visited again a couple of weeks ago. My experience was confirmed that we don't need an AP or a visit to the parks to truly enjoy WDW property. In so much as I have been trying to book a week's stay at FW in the upcoming months renting a RV.

So going back to your car classifications, I guess I would say we are in car #1 with the caveat that it applies to our FW experiences.

Car 1 for sure! Although the last several trips have been 10 days or more. I think the longer trips help me and my husband decompress and take our time with the magic.

wow, the car designations, going waaaay back! Was that like 10 years ago or more?

I guess car 4? It's not that I think disney isn't outstanding, but I do believe (and have experienced) that other resorts can be just as magical.

I'd say Car #3. I've been going to WDW since 1978 and the changes especially in the past 5-10 years have made it less magical. The biggest problem by far is the crowds. There are simply way too many people there. Even attractions that never used to have a line, like the People Mover, sometimes have fairly long queues now.

I also think FP+ made the experience less enjoyable. We don't plan our trips months in advance (and we don't stay on site) so we have little to no chance of getting on the most popular attractions anymore unless we want to waste 2 hours or more in line. It was much easier to enter the park in the morning and grab a paper FP.

Still, we enjoy going and will continue to do so. But no, I don't see conditions improving in the future.

Car 3, definitely. It's such a hassle to get any value for the money you're spending, and the cuts keep coming in all areas.

I'd take DL or any of the international parks instead. Or even Universal Orlando, I was shocked at how relaxing and easy it was to get everything done there by comparison!

I'm Car #0. I think WDW has an issue where they ARE investing heavily in their newest things, and those have recently been very well done, but they aren't investing in the proper upkeep of their older attractions at the same time.

Ok...car #4. We were just in WDW in June and we left feeling like we don't need to go back for a while. We live in California and realized just how much we love Disneyland. Between the cost of the flights, the passes for four of us for five days, and the high cost of food, we would rather go to Europe or take small trips to Disneyland. Now that our kids are teenagers we are ready for new adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter