Which character meal?

i hope you have a great time :) i agree with nancy—i think it would have been hard on everyone to pick TH. It’s one thing to decide to do your own things for part of a day and another for some to be left out just because of cost.

plus, now you get to maximize your park time and add a fun experience at beach club :) i hope you have a great time. it sounds like a big family trip, and lots of chances for your extended family and all the little cousins to make some great memories.

You're absolutely right and I just wasn't thinking it through properly when I first proposed the idea! I was just thinking it wouldn't be a huge deal to split up for part of the time. But we're a close family and I want everyone to feel happy and included! And thanks, I think we're going to have a great time! The kids are SO excited to be going together with their cousins!

And thanks for your honesty! It gave me the push I needed to cancel that Tusker House reservation and feel confident about my decision to go with Cape May Cafe! :)
I am glad you took the feedback with teh spirit intended, I truly was not being critical. It is hard when you need to balance your own time with others, and cost ends up glaring at some in the nose.

Now I can tell you my opinion on TH. We don't like it. That place is HUGE, and for the money we were not impressed.

You're absolutely right and I just wasn't thinking it through properly when I first proposed the idea! I was just thinking it wouldn't be a huge deal to split up for part of the time. But we're a close family and I want everyone to feel happy and included! And thanks, I think we're going to have a great time! The kids are SO excited to be going together with their cousins!

I htink you will like Cape May. WE never went, however we stay often at the BC and I always peek in as we walk by. The characters are so sweet! And the interaction does not seem to be as rushed as other buffets.

Have a great time!

I see you have already made your decision. I was going to suggest Cape May before I read through the posts! So, I just thought I would throw this out there in support of your choice. My kids love Donald and he was great there.

For anyone else, our favorite is Garden Grill for breakfast (Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale)! I would say that is always #1 for interaction with Cape May being #2.

I see you have already made your decision. I was going to suggest Cape May before I read through the posts! So, I just thought I would throw this out there in support of your choice. My kids love Donald and he was great there.

For anyone else, our favorite is Garden Grill for breakfast (Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale)! I would say that is always #1 for interaction with Cape May being #2.
Lol, I think we might be switching to Garden Grill now! I managed to snag a later morning reservation last night so I could choose between that and Cape May. I was leaning more towards Cape May because I like a buffet vs. family style (more options) and the theming of the restaurant appeals to me more. But I showed a video to my kids of Garden Grill and they said they want to do that one! Chip and Dale are #1 on their list this time to meet (we would meet them elsewhere otherwise) and they think the rotating restaurant sounds awesome!

Lol, I think we might be switching to Garden Grill now! I managed to snag a later morning reservation last night so I could choose between that and Cape May. I was leaning more towards Cape May because I like a buffet vs. family style (more options) and the theming of the restaurant appeals to me more. But I showed a video to my kids of Garden Grill and they said they want to do that one! Chip and Dale are #1 on their list this time to meet (we would meet them elsewhere otherwise) and they think the rotating restaurant sounds awesome!
My kids always request Garden Grill! The first time we went, they were very excited that the restaurant itself was a ride! However, you really can't go wrong with either one.

Cape May is a great choice. We did Chef Mickeys once and very much was one and done. Cape May we do every trip at least in part because we stay at BC BUT it’s still great. Have a fab time!

This is a favorite one of ours! It is booked for breakfast for us in December.

I just found this post looking for recent reviews on Tusker House and wanted to mention that although cape may has "mickey characters" mickey is NOT there. Just Minnie, Goofy and Donald. If it's just those type of characters fine, but if you want mickey, stick with GG!

I just found this post looking for recent reviews on Tusker House and wanted to mention that although cape may has "mickey characters" mickey is NOT there. Just Minnie, Goofy and Donald. If it's just those type of characters fine, but if you want mickey, stick with GG!
I did realize that, but thanks for any clarification! :) I think we're most likely going to go with Garden Grill anyways (although I'm very indecisive! Lol!) because my kids really want to meet Chip and Dale and since we have breakfast scheduled at Crystal Palace the next morning, I feel like the family-style format at Garden Grill gives it a different feel vs. having 2 days in a row of buffets!

We're trying to decide on a character meal for our trip in January. We're deciding between Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, and Cape May Cafe. The kids have requested a meal with Mickey characters (we have another booked at Crystal Palace).
-Pros of Tusker House: we've never been before and it looks like fun! Cons: This is a day at AK where we would be with my sister and her 2 kids but they wouldn't be doing the character meal (unfortunately it's out of their price range) so I feel a bit bad about that, I've read about seating delays and I hate eating into park time!
-Pros of Chef Mickey's: my kids love it (we've been twice before) and have requested it, it would be on our rest/no parks day so there's no eating into park time. Cons: My hubby really doesn't want any ADRs on our off day since he just wants to relax at POFQ (we're switching over to ASMo later that day).
-Pros of Cape May: Looks like a nice alternative to Chef Mickey's! Cons: Same as above, it would have to be on our rest day which my hubby doesn't want!

For me I would give the options to my DH, but with some caveat's. For Tusker House I would say we can do this, and we should pay for my sister and kids meal... because you don't want any hard feelings between you, and you don't want your niece's or nephew's feeling left out or having hurt feelings. I would shoot for breakfast as this is less expensive seating.

If he doesn't want to go that route, then let him pick dinner at either Chef Mickey's or Cap May... you have to eat.. and you should be settled by then, and it would be something for the kiddo's to look forward to...

Or you take the kids and leave him at the resort... just sayin... :D

Garden Grill is my FAVE character breakfast! The food is so fresh, delicious, and plentiful. They will bring you more of whatever you want. Such a nice variety too. And the characters...omg...chip & dale. Need i say more? They are beyond cute! I love that place. You really have to try it if you've never been. :cloud9:

Having eaten at all three ad based on food quality and character interaction, I'd choose Tusker House 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

We did a late breakfast at Garden Grill the last time we went. It was amazing. The characters aren't rushed at all and you don't have to worry about missing them while you get food since all the food is brought to your table. I remember it being SOOOO much more relaxed than other character meals. We aren't so big on character meals for our upcoming trip (boys are 8 and 11) but everyone including grandma agrees that we should do garden grill again for breakfast.

We did a late breakfast at Garden Grill the last time we went. It was amazing. The characters aren't rushed at all and you don't have to worry about missing them while you get food since all the food is brought to your table. I remember it being SOOOO much more relaxed than other character meals. We aren't so big on character meals for our upcoming trip (boys are 8 and 11) but everyone including grandma agrees that we should do garden grill again for breakfast.
Thanks, it seems like Garden Grill gets rave reviews!

We've done the Tusker House lunch several times, I think it's the best character buffet on property. TH has the best food, and the character interaction is excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!