• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Character Meal?

Blndiebby25

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of booking a character meal but am unsure which one.

Which one would you recommend? Breakfast, Lunch, or Supper? How far in advance do you have to book?

Thanks!

My favorite is definitely Goofy's Kitchen. The character interaction is really great, and I love the variety of characters. I think the buffet at Goofy's is actully pretty good and provides the most options; I'm not a big fan of the food at Ariels/Captain Mickey's.

My favorite time for a character meal is lunchtime. I don't usually want to spend the time for a character breakfast, because that's when I like to be in the park going on all my favorite rides (before the crowds). Dinners also sometimes seem too rushed. But a nice, big, leisurely lunch to kick off our afternoon break fits my style. I just love having lunch at Goofy's Kitchen!

I think you can make a PS 60 days in advance for GK. I would recommend that you call at least 30 days in advance.

Goofy's Kitchen is by far the best character meal there. Lots of characters, lots of choices. We are trying the Princess one this time along with dinner at Ariel's Grotto.

We've made PS for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. I thought about adding breakfast at Storyteller's on a different day, but then I thought it wouldn't be very fun to walk around the parks with a belly full of bacon :rotfl: So dinner is it.

We've made a PS for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen on our 'relax by the pool day', so we will be able to enjoy our meal without the pressure of getting back to the parks! And we've made PS at Storyteller's Cafe for breakfast on our last day...I thought it would be nice to be able to finish our trip with a relaxing disney breakfast before heading to the airport! :cheer2:

Another vote for Goofy's. With the diversity of ages in your group, everyone should enjoy it. Personally I am planning breakfast there (staying at DLH) on the day we will be visiting Universal while waiting for the morning rush hour to die down. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter