Which company do you use to rent out your points?

SamRoc

DIS Veteran
Am looking at three different companies that will rent out our points for us. Was just wondering which company you have had a good experience with. Thank you.

Am looking at three different companies that will rent out our points for us. Was just wondering which company you have had a good experience with. Thank you.
David’s was the fastest to pay. Very easy to work with. Good communication. My points rented within a matter of two hours after listing with them. It was worth taking less per point than doing it on my own due to it being a small number of points.

David’s was the fastest to pay. Very easy to work with. Good communication. My points rented within a matter of two hours after listing with them. It was worth taking less per point than doing it on my own due to it being a small number of points.
Thank you! Thats one of the companies i was looking at.

Used David's twice, great communication, points were rented quickly and payment was prompt. Very happy with them.

Also used Davids. Since the rate was functionally the same, using the board sponsor for a board I use for free seemed like a good thing to do. Worked well for me.

I'm looking to rent soon as well, David's looks the easiest and I think you get an extra $ for booking at 11 months. $14.5ppt instead of $13.5ppt for 7 month bookings

Edit: OKW,HH,VB and SSR get $13.5 regardless of how advanced the booking is

I used David's before I was a DVC member to rent points, and had a very positive, trouble free experience. In the event I would rent my DVC points out now, I would go with David's as well. There may be a couple other companies that might pay a little bit more, but I'd feel safest dealing with David's.

I have used all the main rental companies over the last few years, but David's is probably the best, the easiest, the fastest, the fastest pay, and they are Canadian based which probably gives you a bit more legal protection. (Just a guess.)

You can email David's Vacation Rentals at https://dvcrequest.com/ Or look up their number and call them. You will need to receive their contract and then return their contract by email. Then watch your email for any offers. Usually, they send out requests specifying what dates they have a customer for, to several owners who have points to rent. Respond as soon as possible, and if you are the first, you will be able to do it. Even if you aren't first, respond as soon as you can, and they will see you are serious and will try to send more things your way.

Anyway, once again, I just had 87 points left over, that needed to be rented out by Feb 29th, 2020. They had already been banked, so I couldn't roll them over. I contacted David's on September 21st and had all my points rented out by October 1st.

Am just a little worried about if you make a reservation and the person cancels. What happens then? When i called they said they would go into my banked points and they would put a rush on renting those points out. Has anyone rented their points out to have someone cancel?

Half surprised the thread isn't closed because DVC store is a sponsor of this site they do rent out points. I haven't used them yet, but am going to try them shortly once I decide how many points to rent.

Am just a little worried about if you make a reservation and the person cancels. What happens then? When i called they said they would go into my banked points and they would put a rush on renting those points out. Has anyone rented their points out to have someone cancel?
What do you mean by “cancel”? Do you mean that the potential renter was just kicking the tires and then decided “Nah” after you had secured the reservation? That’s one reason to go with David’s. They charge the renter a deposit that is only refundable if they can’t get them a reservation. It reduces the number of lookie-loos and you’re much more likely to get a serious renter.

I’m also confused about what you mean when you were told that the points would “go into my banked points”. No one can bank your points except you.

Half surprised the thread isn't closed because DVC store is a sponsor of this site they do rent out points. I haven't used them yet, but am going to try them shortly once I decide how many points to rent.
Probably because dvcrequest.com is not a banned website?

[/QUOTE

One of the securities of using Daves. If they the renter wants to cancel they can but they have forfitted their fees. Which means you still get your 70%. They have that clear in their contracts. No adjustments or cancellations.
Yes but sobis Daves. There are some out there you will be flagged if mentioned. But Daves is a big sponser here too

Most of the rental agencies charge upfront, once the reservation is made and they specify that there are no refunds. What this means is that if the people cancel, then they don't get their money back, and technically that means that the points MIGHT revert to you. If it is within 30 days, they become holding points. If it is within the last 4 months of the use year, then you cannot bank them but must use them, or transfer them.

The fact that most agencies tell people up front that all deals are final means that most people are very sure before they do this.

I have never had anyone cancel through an agency. I do some rentals on my own and I also tell people that there are no changes, no refunds, BUT, if I can accommodate them without a loss on my part, I will try to do so. I just don't tell them that up front. One time, on a personal rental, I did have someone who needed to change their reservation to about a week later, and all that was left was somewhere at OKW, if I remember correctly, and it was for fewer points. I made the change for them, but was unable to refund the extra points because deadlines had passed. They were okay with that. I think I had about 15 points left and I ended up using them myself.

We used David’s to rent out a reservation, last week. It was 3 days before the 60 day window and was for 8 nights. Rented in one day and we were paid the same day. It was very easy and seamless. Would not hesitate to use them again.

Probably because dvcrequest.com is not a banned website?
Sponsors are valued, but do not have any say about what can and cannot be discussed on the DIS. Businesses other than sponsors may be discussed UNLESS they happen to be in the website's filter. FWIW, David's is not a sponsor at this time but is not in the filter.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-to-any-business-you-wish-to-mention.3044148/

This is all very helpful. I have rented points from Dave's before. I did have an excellent experience buying from the Timeshare Store though, so I am considering renting the points there.

We use the firm of me, myself, and I, great service at a great price. :rolleyes1

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts