Which day is the best day to go to the parks during Memorial Day Weekend.

disneylandfrittes

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have a trip planned for memorial day weekend and I can't decide between Saturday May 28th or Sunday May 29th. I can only go on one of those days.

I know Saturday closes later at 12 AM so I was leaning towards that. But I don't know if typically on Memorial Day weekend if Saturday is more crowded than Sunday. If it's around the same crowd level, then Saturday sounds better, but if Sunday has less crowds then I would rather go that day.

Is there any advice from anyone who went to Memorial Day Weekend in previous years?

Thanks!

Both Saturday and Sunday are blocked for Deluxe, SoCal, and SoCal Select APs, so in that way, there won't be a huge difference in terms of AP holders (Signature, Signature Plus, Premium, and Premier APs are valid on both days). Last year (2015), I felt like both days were pretty crowded, so in that way, I'm not sure there is a huge difference between Saturday and Sunday.

Last year the 60th started on Friday and DL was closed to capacity for 14 of the 24 hour day. That undoubtedly drove more people to the other days of the weekend. I wouldn't compare to last year. I wouldn't really want to compare to the last 3 years when there was a 24 hour day, and up until last year the So Cal flex ticket offer was still valid. In 2013 there was also a Greek heritage day on Saturday. You really just have to flip a coin and make the best out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter