Which day would you choose?

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
We want to dedicate one morning out of our five, to SWGE this summer. I'm trying to get my schedule in order so I am ready to make reservations for other things.

Would you choose a Wednesday, where we rope drop it on a non Magic Morning? Or we could do it on a Thursday, on a Magic Morning and line up as soon as the park opens?

Any thoughts?

We want to dedicate one morning out of our five, to SWGE this summer. I'm trying to get my schedule in order so I am ready to make reservations for other things.

Would you choose a Wednesday, where we rope drop it on a non Magic Morning? Or we could do it on a Thursday, on a Magic Morning and line up as soon as the park opens?

Any thoughts?

I am wondering this too; though I also think we will need to wait until the reservation period ends to see what crowds will be like, how the MMs work with lining up etc. We are currently planning on using our MM on a Tuesday to hopefully line up for entrance into SWGE as soon as it opens for the day. I have no idea if this plan will work yet. 🤔

I think these questions will be easier to answer after June 24th. You're going to want the most accurate information for your planning, and right now we can only guess at what will happen after SWGE opens up to the non-reservation crowds. Keep reading here and in the SWGE Superthread for the latest news and updates on the morning crowd patterns after June 24th.

What are the exact dates your going? Personally I would go on the non MM day unless your doing MM. Im doing that also for my trip in July. Easy choice IMO no matter what happens after 24th people who have MM will be able to get "closer" to GE than you since they will be further in the park already. Easier to do on non MM days where you just worry about the rope drop crowd.

We are staying at the DIsneyland hotel for 6 nights in August. So we have 3 days of Extra hours at CA and two days at DLR. I feel like I could easy give up one of my California adventure mornings. Disneyland mornings are less so it would be sad to throw one of them away to just wait in line. I think I am going to try the Wednesday and hope that pans out with what other people are saying after it opens up for real to everyone.

We are staying at the DIsneyland hotel for 6 nights in August. So we have 3 days of Extra hours at CA and two days at DLR. I feel like I could easy give up one of my California adventure mornings. Disneyland mornings are less so it would be sad to throw one of them away to just wait in line. I think I am going to try the Wednesday and hope that pans out with what other people are saying after it opens up for real to everyone.
I can so relate to that plan. We will be there for 6 nights as well staying at the GCH- originally I was thinking of trying for SWGE on that Wednesday we are there but now we have the Haunted Mansion party that night and I don't want to cut my time in SWGE to go back and nap so I can stay up till 4am.

We are also getting there fairly early on Sunday, so maybe there will be boarding passes available and we can try on our arrival day as well. I hate having to wait until later this month to start forming a game plan. Patience is not my strength.

I can so relate to that plan. We will be there for 6 nights as well staying at the GCH- originally I was thinking of trying for SWGE on that Wednesday we are there but now we have the Haunted Mansion party that night and I don't want to cut my time in SWGE to go back and nap so I can stay up till 4am.

We are also getting there fairly early on Sunday, so maybe there will be boarding passes available and we can try on our arrival day as well. I hate having to wait until later this month to start forming a game plan. Patience is not my strength.
Seriously, I am ready to get these plans nailed down. Good luck!

Is the Wednesday your first day? I would definitely still do it! Its on middle of the week and MM crowd will be in Cali so your odds will still be very very good! Giving up a DCA wont hurt you either . I would definitely plan around that

Is the Wednesday your first day? I would definitely still do it! Its on middle of the week and MM crowd will be in Cali so your odds will still be very very good! Giving up a DCA wont hurt you either . I would definitely plan around that
No a Monday is our first park day. Which is good because we would have been able to greet the park properly :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter