Which did you choose - Dreams Unlimited or Small World

Leigha

DIS Veteran
I've never used a travel agent before, I suppose because I like to handle everything myself. Since I've never cruised before either, I thought I had better go with the travel agent who knew what they were doing. The price seems to be comparable? Do either have any bonus that should sway me one way or the other? I saw the special things Small World will send you, do you get any goodies from Dreams?:)

I never heard of Small World before - is this an online TA?? I can tell you that Dreams is simply terrific! They often have rebates on top of their wonderful prices. PLUS they will automatically apply any discount which DCL may offer up until the time that you cruise. It's wonderful not having to worry about double checking the prices - Dreams forwards you and email to let you know whenever discounts become available for your sailing date.

Well, I never use a Travel Agency either, but we booked our next cruise with Dreams Unlimited. I don't know anything about the other agency you mentioned, but there is one thing I really like about Dreams Unlimited: You don't give them any money. When you give them a Credit Card, they pass on that info directly to Disney and Disney actually charges your card. For a person who never uses travel agencies, I felt that this was a plus. I might have booked directly through Disney, but I got a better price from DU (plus a shipboard credit).

Even tho' I, too, am a compulsive planner who likes to handle everything personally, we switched to Dreams Unlimited (mainly due to the rebates), and we have gotten excellent service. Our next nine cruises are booked with them, and with our air, towncar, and night-before hotel ressies, I have plenty to keep myself busy!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We booked our first two cruises direct from Disney, but for our cruise in May we are using Dreams. They have been terrific. When Springtime Magic rates came out they lowered our price and sent us an e-mail. We didn't have to lift a finger!

I too like to do all the planning myself. Last year I booked our cruise direct with DCL. For our upcoming cruise in April I went with Dreams, mostly because of the rebates and shipboard credits that were offered. I am so glad I did. They saved me about $1,000. from what I was quoted from DCL.

Does Dreams Unlimited do other vacations or just cruises? I went with DCL this year for our cruise but plan to use them for our next cruise but was just wandering if they handle any type of vacations or just cruises.:smooth:

They handle Disney World trips too. They are great because they do an itinerary for you and will also handle your priority seatings at the restaurants and other activities, such as horseback riding, Illuminations cruises, etc. Of course, they can't guarantee that they will be able to get you the hard-to-get ressies, but so far they've gotten us everything we've wanted when we use them for WDW (we love to do the Illuminations cruise...we are flexible and take whatever date they can get that occurs during our trip).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I've heard of Small World. This board is affiliated with Dreams Unlimited. Small World is affiliated with mousesavers.com. I don't know anything about the other agency though. Get quotes from both comparing exactly the same trip, talk to each and get references. Then decide who you feel most comfortable with. You'll be handing over a lot of money....it is important to feel comfortable with and confident in your agent.

We, the customers, are not charged a fee for the wonderful service provided by dreams. They receive their pay thru commission from Disney.:D

I haven't taken my trip yet but Dreams has given me great service. Kept the secret by using my e-mail at work, (hub doesn't know yet) and a great credit applied to my account when Disney offered it.

They keep on top of things and since I went to the convention, which they planned, I know they are doing their best to make sure my vacation will be perfect.

A quote from them won't hurt and you may be surprised with the pricing.

denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter