• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Disney Water Park is better for a 3 yr old??

would be my pick. We took my son when he was 18 months old and my daughter when she was 2 1/2. There is an area called Keetchakiddee Creek that is a childs play area. There is even a small tube ride for the little ones. You help them in and they get to ride by themselves. It was calm enough for even my son at 18 months. There are also small body slides, water guns and lots of sand. Get there at opening and head straight back to this area to set up camp.

We went to BB when my son was 5 and it just didn't seem like there was enough for him to enjoy. There area is more for preteens from what I remember. It is a more aggressive park.

Have fun!

Lori

We took our nearly 3 year old to Blizzard Beach last October - he loved it. Actually loved the fake snow theme - that tickled him. He loved the family tube ride with mom and dad the best. He can't wait to go back. Never took him to Typhoon Lagoon - though he'd probably like that just as much. We took him to a water park a few times before going to Disney so he knew what to expect - and we had a better idea on what he could handle at his age. We just made sure one of us was at the top of the slide/tube run and the other at the bottom waiting for him.

My DS was 3 1/2 when we went to Typhoon Lagoon last October. It was his favorite part of our whole vacation. We even had to replan our schedule to fit in a second visit. He spent the entire time in Ketchakiddie Kreek and especially loved the mini- tube ride. He rode it so many times that the life guards knew him by name and were joking that they would have to re-name the slide "The Shane Slide."

:smooth: We took our son to Typhoon Lagoon when he was 2, and there was just too much slippery cement in there for our liking. He did not like the wave pool at all. The loud noise just before the waves come out scared the living daylights out of him!! We took him to River Country the next day, and it was like paradise for him. Nothing but sand, sand, sand. There were no crashing waves, and not too many "big kids" splashing around. We had a great time at River Country, partly because we weren't worried about him falling and hurting himself on the cement, or being pulled under the water by a big wave.

We enjoyed river country much more for our 2 year old compared to Blizzard Beach. I also find it much more relaxing and less crowded. Our 6 six year old also enjoyed it more because he could go on the tube rides over and over without waiting in much of a line. Also the day we were there Goofy was there most of the day, in the water, fooling around spashing people and just being "goofy". It was actually one of the highlights of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter