Which foods have your family never liked?

Meat and Fish I never liked either but when my daughter was young I would make them for her but she never cared for them either.

Sushi. We all love fish, but not raw/mixed with seaweed (or breaded, come to think of it.) Oddly, we do like ceviche, so go figure.

Green bell pepper. All other colors, yes, but not green; too much burping b/c they are unripe.

Avocado. I consider this aversion a truly good thing because they are expensive and real water hogs to grow, besides.

FWIW on the subject of lamb: I don't care for it for sentimental reasons. My mother's family has always farmed sheep, and when they make lamb they roast it whole, with only the head removed. The thing is, lambs are cute, curious, and playful, while adult sheep are stupid, cantankerous, and just generally a PITA to deal with. I can eat mutton with a clear conscience, but lambs are just too darned cute, especially when the cooked animal looks recognizably like the live one, only headless. I've always rather thought it was just as well, since it is so expensive when purchased. (I will eat it when served to me at someone's home, but I don't make it myself or purchase it in restaurants.)

LOL, I make things that are different too and just call it something familiar. "It's just chicken thighs" when it's really a Moroccan chicken stew. If I said "it's Moroccan chicken stew" everyone would turn up their noses. If I say "chicken thighs," they eat it. Just curious as to what you make for him that his mother made.
A lot of Italian food... plus roasted meats like chicken, turkey, beef and pork. She also made fish, so I make him fish, too.

Which kind? The Chantrelle mushrooms they have at Pike Place Market in season are a life changing experience. I love them on a flatbread with some shaved white truffles. My taste buds explode when biting into the first piece.

All kinds. They are all vile.

DD-- no mushrooms, no peas, no octopus (because it's her patronus, not because it's not tasty)
DS--cilantro, mushrooms
DH--pork chops. He only likes pork so highly seasoned (like korean bbq) that the porkiness is gone
Me--natto (fermented soy bean)

Pork chops or pork roast. Mom is the same, as was her Mom. ( Dad only got them when visiting his side). Fortunately DH has no strong feeling for them so we are good.I don't like mushrooms so DH only gets them eating out .

I forgot about a weird one that the kids won't eat is hamburgers. What kid doesn't like hamburgers? I think it's the texture, but it's still weird.

I don’t think there is any universal item that everyone dislikes.

Some of the foods avoided by some, while loved by others, include:

Liver
Shellfish
Olives
Really hot/spicy foods
Raisins (but only when cooked/heated in another food item)
Anchovies/sardines

Nobody in my family really likes eggplant. Other than that, I think we're pretty non-picky.

We all have our different "hates", but the common theme for my kids is that they hate, hate, hate squash and sweet potatoes, and so does DH. I love them! So I will just buy one zucchini or summer squash, or an acorn squash, or a sweet potato and make it for me. It's the best!

Other big hates:

Tomatoes: DD and DS12 won't eat a tomato in any form. I like actual tomatoes (cherry tomatoes fresh off the vine, still warm from the sun, are like heaven!) but I detest tomato-based products like ketchup, or tomato juice. soup, etc. I will eat cooked tomatoes in a dish or sauce like marinara or chili although neither are favorites, but I will not eat a cold tomato on a sandwich...I will take it off and eat it by itself and then eat the burger or whatever lol

Eggs: DS12 and I will not eat egg yolk unless it is completely cooked (overhard) and I really don't like the eggy taste of eggs, so unless it is masked, I probably won't eat it. I tolerate hard boiled eggs but put salt and horseradish on it to cover up the egg taste lol

Chocolate: Neither DS18 or I like chocolate very much. It's OK if I'm in the right mood, but that is hardly ever and I will almost never choose it over a fruity flavor like lemon or strawberry. And I will pass on chocolate ice cream and cake every time. (except Portillo's, which I have very recently found out has an insanely AMAZING chocolate cake!)

Yogurt: DH and DD hate it....doesn't matter what type, flavor, or how many "add-ins" are offered. They will not touch it. The boys and I love it!

I have never, ever, ever made liver or lima beans for my family (the two most disgusting "normal" foods there are) and I hate celery so I never buy it. I'm not really sure if my kids have ever eaten it other than when it's cooked in a soup or dish somewhere we are eating out at.

As picky as my kids are about some things, all three will eat calamari - the ones with tentacles, not just the round pieces! - Brussel sprouts, asparagus, crab legs, and anchovies. Weirdos!

Last edited:
Liver. I fed it to he dog, Sis buried it under a potted plant, and dad was curiously late at work and stopped for a hamburger every time we had it.

Liver. I fed it to he dog, Sis buried it under a potted plant, and dad was curiously late at work and stopped for a hamburger every time we had it.
I made liver treats one year for my dog.

Let me just tell you... liver farts are not a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!