Which has bigger crowds? MNSSHP

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Will be heading to AKL and doing mostly resort stay with just one or 2 park days, with a 2.5 yr old.

Hubby can’t deal wih parks more than 4 hrs at a time.

Am torn: should I get us MNSSHP tix ($115 pp/day) for Oct 27 to be there 5pm-9pm, or mid-day tix to be there 1pm-5pm ($80 pp/day)?

Which option will have the least crowds? I am guessing MNSHPP will sell out since it’s the Sunday closest to halloween. TouringPlans crowd level for MK that day is a 3.

I looove MNSSHP ambiance and our toddler loves the idea of trick or treating. Leaning toward MNSSHP.

Are they very strict on kicking non-party people out at 6 even if you don’t go on rides?

You should do midday. Crowds for MNSSHP for that night will be miserable.
Oh nooo really? :( I’ve only ever done MNSSHP in early September and had walk-on waits for all rides. Will Oct 27th still have low MNSSHP ride waits? I am only interested in dance parties, parade, trick or treating, and unpopular kiddie rides (thanks to toddler who has no capacity for waiting in line).

Last edited:
Oh nooo really? :( I’ve only ever done MNSSHP in early September and had walk-on waits for all rides. Will Oct 27th still have low MNSSHP ride waits? I am only interested in dance parties, parade, trick or treating, and unpopular kiddie rides (thanks to toddler who has no capacity for waiting in line).
I went last night and rides were not walk ons. It was very crowded. We still had an okay time but I wouldn’t go to an October 27 party expecting low crowds

We do MNSSHP mid-late October. Parties are very crowded. Many rides will have long lines then - haunted mansion, peter pan. Now with special effects added during parties, even space mountain, pirates and teacups had long lines last year. You'll find lots of people in the hub in front of the castle since that is where the hocus pocus show and fireworks are. And lots of people like to watch the parade from this area.
I'd definitely do daytime if your DH can't handle crowds.

We do MNSSHP mid-late October. Parties are very crowded. Many rides will have long lines then - haunted mansion, peter pan. Now with special effects added during parties, even space mountain, pirates and teacups had long lines last year. You'll find lots of people in the hub in front of the castle since that is where the hocus pocus show and fireworks are. And lots of people like to watch the parade from this area.
I'd definitely do daytime if your DH can't handle crowds.
Thank you so much!

If you have been looking at the Halloween party why not try the After hours event instead. For example one is on the 26th September. I think it feel like you have the park to yourself and it’s a lot less crowded than the Halloween party, it’s for 3 hours after the park closes.

If you have been looking at the Halloween party why not try the After hours event instead. For example one is on the 26th September. I think it feel like you have the park to yourself and it’s a lot less crowded than the Halloween party, it’s for 3 hours after the park closes.
OP is going October 27

OP is going October 27

I know. It’s just an example of when one is on. There might be another after hours on near their time they were looking at. The point of my post is to say the After Hours will not be as busy as the Halloween party.

Mid-day Ticket. Since the party doesn't really begin until 7:00, you'd be paying for approx 2 hours of the party. Not a good return on investment. Just enjoy the park, for less, and you'll still get to see the decorations and enjoy the atmosphere.

I know. It’s just an example of when one is on. There might be another after hours on near their time they were looking at. The point of my post is to say the After Hours will not be as busy as the Halloween party.
Oh okay I thought you were suggesting that date. I looked and there aren’t any DAH in October

If you do MNSSHP, I would consider going 7 pm - 11 pm if your DH can only do 4 hours. If you do 5 pm - 9 pm, that's only 2 hours of party time and you would miss both the parade and the fireworks. If you do the mid-day ticket, consider entering at noon and tour from noon - 4 pm as the majority of party guests enter at 4 pm making MK fairly crowded as general day guests and party guests are all in the park at the same time. If you are looking for lower crowds, I would go during the regular day and skip the party.

Party days are a gift to people who want to go to MK during the day. Since many people don't have hoppers and want to do a "full" day at MK, they choose to go on non-party days, making those days/evenings really crowded. The days MK closes early are some of the lowest crowd days out there because people without party tickets don't want to "waste" their MK day with the early close, so they choose another park.

Not sure how long you’re staying, but if you’ll still be there on the 31st, watch the Resorts boards. There are usually some activities at some of the resorts that night, including (sometimes I think I’ve seen) trick-or-treating. It’s always sounded fun to me but with kids in school, it’s never worked out for us to go on the actual day.

I went last night and rides were not walk ons. It was very crowded. We still had an okay time but I wouldn’t go to an October 27 party expecting low crowds
Can you go into this a little? We’ve never been to MNSSHP and hopefully our September trip will still go on if Coronavirus let’s it. I was planning on the party night of September 22nd, a Tuesday. It will be our family of 3, my son will be 7. Some other family may join us who haven’t attended either. There were long wait times for rides? It was just an okay time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter