Which Hilton? Hilton Orlando, Buena Vista Palce, other?

blf14

Mouseketeer
We're currently booked, using points (for the second half of a stay - first half is at the Poly) at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace. We plan to spend a day at the pool (lazy river!) and walk to Downtown Disney for the evening. The next day we'll spend at Animal Kingdom.

BUT! I just heard on the podcast (yes, I'm catching up, lol!) that the Hilton Orlando has now been added as an official partner/ same benefits. Same points. It looks amazing also! Pro - the pool looks even better. Con - can't walk to DD.

What else??

Please weigh in! Which if these, or another Hilton property, would you choose? Fwiw we're a family of 5 - kids are 9, 8, and 3yo in a pnp. Thanks!

The Hilton Orlando (6001 Destination Parkway) is located by the Orange County Convention Center. It's roughly 7 miles from Disney World. It does NOT have any special Disney World perks.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria recently gained the 60 day FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours perks. While not technically on Disney property, they are adjacent and are only accessed by driving through park of Disney World.

So, make sure you're booking the correct hotel. Both the Hilton Orlando and the Hilton Bonnet Creek have lazy rivers. While the Waldorf Astoria does not have their own lazy river, you have access to the one at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Of those three, I've stayed at the two Hiltons. I'm not a swimmer, so I can't comment on the different rivers/pools. My thoughts:
  • Hilton Bonnet Creek: Beautiful property. Clean but generic room. Above-average staff. It's very much a convention hotel. Chances are strong that you'll see lots of people dressed in business casual attired wearing convention badges. Shuttles to the theme parks are less frequent than either Disney Resorts or the Hilton Buena Vista Palace.
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Beautiful public areas. They just completed a massive renovation of the public areas and they did it well. Unfortunately, the guest rooms were not renovated. On my last visit, I was assigned a filthy room. It was easily the dirtiest room I've stayed in over the past several decades. I've stayed in roadside motels that were cleaner. The bathroom was horrible. I checked out after one night and placed the hotel on my personal "Do Not Return" list.
Here is the website for the Bonnet Creek Shuttle that serves the Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria. They only seem to publish about one week in advance. But, it will give you an idea of their basic schedule.

http://www.bonnetshuttle.com/

Assuming you don't have a car and you the shuttle times work for your trip, I'd go with the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Being able to walk to Disney Springs is a wonderful thing...but I can't in good conscious recommend the Hilton Buena Vista Palace.

That's my 2 cents.

I'd also go with the Hilton Bonnet Creek. We stayed there a couple years ago and it was a pretty nice place. I don't know what your budget is (or how many points you have), but they also have rooms with park views and fireworks views. The drive to the park(s) isn't bad, either.

The Hilton Orlando (6001 Destination Parkway) is located by the Orange County Convention Center. It's roughly 7 miles from Disney World. It does NOT have any special Disney World perks.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria recently gained the 60 day FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours perks. While not technically on Disney property, they are adjacent and are only accessed by driving through park of Disney World.

So, make sure you're booking the correct hotel. Both the Hilton Orlando and the Hilton Bonnet Creek have lazy rivers. While the Waldorf Astoria does not have their own lazy river, you have access to the one at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Of those three, I've stayed at the two Hiltons. I'm not a swimmer, so I can't comment on the different rivers/pools. My thoughts:
  • Hilton Bonnet Creek: Beautiful property. Clean but generic room. Above-average staff. It's very much a convention hotel. Chances are strong that you'll see lots of people dressed in business casual attired wearing convention badges. Shuttles to the theme parks are less frequent than either Disney Resorts or the Hilton Buena Vista Palace.
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Beautiful public areas. They just completed a massive renovation of the public areas and they did it well. Unfortunately, the guest rooms were not renovated. On my last visit, I was assigned a filthy room. It was easily the dirtiest room I've stayed in over the past several decades. I've stayed in roadside motels that were cleaner. The bathroom was horrible. I checked out after one night and placed the hotel on my personal "Do Not Return" list.
Here is the website for the Bonnet Creek Shuttle that serves the Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria. They only seem to publish about one week in advance. But, it will give you an idea of their basic schedule.

http://www.bonnetshuttle.com/

Assuming you don't have a car and you the shuttle times work for your trip, I'd go with the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Being able to walk to Disney Springs is a wonderful thing...but I can't in good conscious recommend the Hilton Buena Vista Palace.

That's my 2 cents.

Thank you so much! SUPER helpful! I think i was looking at the right one, using the wrong name. Can you speak to the room size at all?! As a family of 5 extra space is good, and the cited square footage has the Hilton Bonnet Creek at 330ish, and the Hilton Buena Vista Palace at 400... a big difference! Unless that’s inaccurate or for some reason the configuration makes it not feel that way. Of course, none of that matters if the room is dirty ;). Thank you again!

EDIT: Going back now to quadrouple check which property I've been viewing, and now I can't find the square footage of BC as 330 (to the contrary, now I'm seeing 414) so clearly I've been confused along the way! Apologies. That being said, if you have any comments re how the room size *felt*, I'll take them. Thank you again!

Last edited:
Hilton Bonnet Creek is amazing and basically "on property". Shuttle service is slow. If you have a car it's a great choice. The pool area is really nice. As stated the Hilton Buena Vista rooms are super dated but it also cost less on average than Hilton Bonnet Creek. You get what you pay for. But if "new and clean" isn't important to your family, you simply must walk to DS, and you're looking for a lower rate then Hilton Buena Vista wins.

Can you speak to the room size at all?! As a family of 5 extra space is good...

I believe the standard rooms at both the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton Bonnet Creek only allow up to 4 guests. If you want to stick with a standard room, the only Hilton-branded hotel that can accomodate 5 guests is the DoubleTree Suites.

The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite Disney Springs Hotel. I'm there 12 to 20 nights each year. It's a solid hotel with a fantastic staff. All rooms are two room suites that are 520 square feet. Like the other hotels you're considering, it includes the 60-day FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours perks. But, it only has a basic pool.

EDIT: Going back now to quadrouple check which property I've been viewing, and now I can't find the square footage of BC as 330 (to the contrary, now I'm seeing 414) so clearly I've been confused along the way! Apologies. That being said, if you have any comments re how the room size *felt*, I'll take them. Thank you again!

According to the Hilton website, the standard rooms at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace are 400 square feet. The ones at the Hilton Bonnet Creek are 414 square feet.

I typically travel alone, so I don't ever think much about room size. The Hilton Bonnet Creek is certainly more modern. It opened in 2009. The Hilton Buena Vista Palace has been around (through a number of different hotel brands) since 1983.

Before you get too far along, I'd confirm that maximum occupancy. I'm thinking you won't be able to stay at either hotel.

I believe the standard rooms at both the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton Bonnet Creek only allow up to 4 guests. If you want to stick with a standard room, the only Hilton-branded hotel that can accomodate 5 guests is the DoubleTree Suites.

The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite Disney Springs Hotel. I'm there 12 to 20 nights each year. It's a solid hotel with a fantastic staff. All rooms are two room suites that are 520 square feet. Like the other hotels you're considering, it includes the 60-day FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours perks. But, it only has a basic pool.

According to the Hilton website, the standard rooms at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace are 400 square feet. The ones at the Hilton Bonnet Creek are 414 square feet.

I typically travel alone, so I don't ever think much about room size. The Hilton Bonnet Creek is certainly more modern. It opened in 2009. The Hilton Buena Vista Palace has been around (through a number of different hotel brands) since 1983.

Before you get too far along, I'd confirm that maximum occupancy. I'm thinking you won't be able to stay at either hotel.

Thank you for your thoughts! We were able to book the Buena Vista Palace for 4+PnP with no problem. Will confirm the same if we decide to change :).

Buena Vista Palace is also on my never return list. Dirty room, awful parking, unconcerned staff. Doubletree is a much better hotel especially for a family.

Hilton and Waldorf are nice properties with better shuttles. They also offer a stay connected rate where the second room is discounted and guaranteed connecting.

Hilton Buena Vista Palace is within walking distance to DS and shares the same bus service as all DS-area hotels for the four WDW parks. The resort also features a newly renovated pool with a lazy river, etc. and other newly renovated public spaces and amenities. The rooms however have not been renovated so they do feel somewhat dated, however, IMO they are not as terrible as some make them sound, the beds are up to Hilton standard and very comfortable, also some of the rooms especially in the main tower have nice views. I really enjoyed seeing the sunrises in the morning as my room was facing west over a lake and nature area, I also found the breakfast offerings to be very generous and hearty, great way to start the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter