Which hotel for adults - no kids trip

josierac

DIS Veteran
I am planning an adult only weekend trip for myself and my DH during the Food and Wine Festival next November. I am leaning towards the Boardwalk Inn as it seems to be a nice place for adults.

Any comments? We will be arriving early on a Friday Morning and leaving on a Sunday night. We will try and get into some of the reserve tastings events on Friday and Saturday and enjoying the food around the world along with the wine seminars. I don't think the pool will play a big part on this trip.

Thanks

I have many of my own favorites at WDW but my recommendations for you would be places that I've never stayed. Most of my trips have been for longer stays and more for going to all the parks.

Since it seems that the focus of your trip will be the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, I think that anything in the Boardwalk area would be your best bet. It is such a short walk to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. Besides the Boardwalk Inn, you might consider the Swan, Dolphin, Beach Club or Yacht Club. All are right there around the lake and Boardwalk and all the same easy walk to Epcot (or MGM for that matter).

Josie,

My boyfriend and I just got back from a four-night stay at the Polynesian, and it was one of the most romantic places we have ever been together. It is so romantic to stand on your balcony at night and watch the fireworks over Cinderella's castle light up the sky. The beach is beautiful and I can't think of anything more romantic and relaxing than sharing a hammock on a lazy afternoon.

The resort was pretty deserted, so there weren't too many kids running around. I have a feeling you will find the same situation next November. (Unless you're going Thanksgiving week...)

It is also very easy to get to Epcot from the Poly. It is withing walking distance to the Transportation and Ticket center, where you can catch the express monorail to Epcot.

Have fun planning!

Tracy

Get a 1br at the BW if you can and then you'll have a jacuzzi double bath in the room........spruce

DH and I have stayed at WL three times and love it.

Originally posted by josierac
I am planning an adult only weekend trip for myself and my DH during the Food and Wine Festival next November. I am leaning towards the Boardwalk Inn as it seems to be a nice place for adults.

Any comments? We will be arriving early on a Friday Morning and leaving on a Sunday night. We will try and get into some of the reserve tastings events on Friday and Saturday and enjoying the food around the world along with the wine seminars. I don't think the pool will play a big part on this trip.

Thanks

Hi Josierac,

My husband and I love the AKL. We have been married 8 and half years and do not have childern. All of trips to WDW have been child free. During 2001 we spent 15 days at the AKL and just fell in love with the place.

Thanks everyone for your comments. We love the WL too but since this trip will be only to experience the Food and wine festival we want to stay at a hotel in walking distance to Epcot.

Originally posted by josierac
Thanks everyone for your comments. We love the WL too but since this trip will be only to experience the Food and wine festival we want to stay at a hotel in walking distance to Epcot.

Hi Josierac,

Since you want to be within walking distance to EC I would go with the YC. My husband and I have stayed at the YC twice and the BWI once. We did not care for the BWI. My husband and I just did not like the "feel" of the BWI compared to the YC.

I prefer the Epcot side of things as adults only so we can walk into Epcot through the International Gateway... so Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin... I have found they have fewer children as there is no view of the castle and MK..

Thanks everyone - I have made reservations at the BWI and we will see how it goes. This is a surprise trip for DH. If wants to stay at either YC or BC I will chance it after I give him his present.

Thanks

Although we really liked the Contemporary, in the wings when we went in January...we are both just kids at heart, for the Wine and Food Festival, I would recommend the Yacht Club. Although I think the Boardwalk is beautiful, the Yacht Club is quieter.

The "honeymoon cottages" at BWI look very romantic. They have separate entrances with mailboxes and picket fences. They overlook the rose courtyard. Even though the pool isn't a priority, the quiet pool and hot tub are very nice and have a view of the higher Illuminations fireworks.
You really can't go wrong with any of your choices--I have enjoyed staying at each of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter